SHARP GA4 26 best settings ?

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs Forum' started by naisy, Apr 2, 2005.

Tags:
  1. naisy

naisy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Sorry to post this again however i have just purchased one of these sets and are looking for advice on the best settings for the tv to get best picture ?

I am connecting a Freeview box and a dvd player

What leads should i use and what should i set the ratios at within the dvd player and freeview box re output ?

2. gslater

gslater

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    I have a 26" GA3 and also looking to get the best settings.

I currently connect from my sky + box to the input 1 on the screen using a scart. The sound is connected seperately to an amp using an optical lead.

My DVD is connected to the screen using S-Video lead onto input 3 on the screen and the sound is similarly connected to the amp using optical.

My VCR is connected to the input 2 of the screen using a scart, with sound going to the amp using scart to component.

This seems to work ok, but I still feel it is not optimal...when I saw the screen in the shop it had a much better picture and now it looks like it has some ghosting as well as looking a bit "cartoonish".

Any thoughts?

I was told to use a RGB scart to connect the sky + box to the screen...is this the same as a simple scart lead, or is there a special type of "RGB scart"?

3. LcdGuru

LcdGuru

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Most scart leads have the RGB lines connected. You need to select RGB output on the sky box and RGB input on the Sharp. Should produce a big improvement in picture quality over composite - in particular eliminating colour crawl.

Re: setting recommendations - try doing a search on "GA4 settings". There was a long thread a couple of months ago. Optimum settings vary according to your source (which is OK since the Sharp automatically remembers your settings for each input).

4. gslater

gslater

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Thanks....how do I select RGB output on the sky box...presumably there is something in the sky setup screen?