Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Sharp GA326 Center Speaker Query

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs Forum' started by rjknight007, May 13, 2005.

Tags:
  1. rjknight007

rjknight007
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I own a Sharp GA326 LCD TV. On the menu you have the option to use the speaker hanging beneath the TV as the center speaker in a surround sound system. My KEF floor standers would be attached via the speaker connections on the surround sound receiver I will buy, possibly a Cambridge Audio Azure. As would the surround sound speakers which I would need to buy. But, the TV would need to connect via the RCA center speaker surround sound port.

To clarify, the surround sound receiver has dual ports. 5 surround sound speaker connections and 5 surround sound rca connections. I would need to use 4 speaker connections for my KEF and 1 rca connection for the TV.

My question therefore concerns compatability. Can you use a mixture of RCA and speaker connections to achieve a seamless surround sound or or not?

Thanks you in advance.

Robert