1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sharp GA3 & Nvidia 6600GT

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs' started by mikearv, Mar 18, 2005.

1. mikearv

mikearv

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Just installed this card. At first I went into the nvidia menu to create a custom resolution of 1368x768 (1366x768 wasnt accepted). After applying this resolution it didn't fit properly, the end were cut off even though it didnt reach the end of the screen.

After messing around with the TV settings and then the driver again I finally figured out that when I went into "advanced timing" again in the nvidia driver I could see the horizontal pixel point read "1280" even though the resolution was selected at 1368x768.

After changing the pixel count to horizontal pixel count to 1368 and running "auto sync" on the TV menu it fits like it should. However, after auto sync I was still left with what I'd describe of interferance or like faint shimmering especially noticeable on black text on white background on a plain colours.

I managed to get rid of most of this by doing some tweaking in the Fine Sync menu of the TV but I still see some of this occasionally. I also notice that that whole picture sometimes shifts about 2 pixels to the left for some reason?

Is anyone running the same combination, did you get to 1368x768 by doing similar to what I did above?

2. BADA55

BADA55

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    I'm using the 6800GT with my Sonix 26" and its an amazing picture on 1280x768 fitting the screen perfectly.....not that you needed to know that ;) Nice card dude....Hope you sort it out soon :)

3. mikearv

mikearv

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I can't get the shimmering to go away. Everytime I turn off the TV and switch inputs it seems to lose it's settings somehow and everytime I have to re-adjust the fine sync to clear up the interance again?

is this a bug with the TV? It's most noticeable on white areas.

4. BADA55

BADA55

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    I havent time to check tihe settings on my pc now but you need to go into nVidias control panel (Desktop/properties/settings/nvidia tabs from memory) you need to alter a setting in there somewhere if you havent already? Sorry I can't remember which one it is just now...I will try to get back later but can't promise sorry :(

5. andya

andya

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +26
    if you select dot to dot mode on your sharp remote the shimmering goes away,the only downside is you have a left and right black border

6. mikearv

mikearv

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I dont see that option anywhere in the menu?

7. andya

andya

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +26
    its one of the buttons on the remote,it comes up on the right top hand corner
    of the screen

8. CLeW

CLeW

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Read this with interest as I'm looking at getting an LCD TV... I use LCD monitors at work which are connected through an analog VGA cable and you have to sync up the display etc like you're mentioning. However, is this actually necessary on a digital DVI link?

The reason I ask, is that the sharp supports DVI-I which is a digital OR analog input... are you sure you guys are using a digital connection and not feeding an analog input instead.

Looking at the PDF manual for the sharp in the settings you can select if you want to use the DVIs analog or digital mode (on page 37, it says go to Options, Input Select).

Could someone look at this and let me know? I've never actually used a digital DVI connection before but this is one of the main reasons I'd like to get an LCD TV so I can have a very clear fully digital output from my PC for watching DVDs, TV shows, etc.