Sharp FV-DB2

Discussion in 'Music Streamers' started by RoNaLdiNhO, Mar 25, 2006.

1. RoNaLdiNhO

RoNaLdiNhO

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +11
    Hi,

Anyone got this machine? bought it myself thursday just gone, from asda because it was reduced from £89.99 > £69.99 and also because it looked like a modern machine unlike virtually all of the other DAB radios on sale at the moment.

[​IMG]

After bringing it home unpacking and turning on i could not belive how good it looked and also it was a doodle to setup and the sound was crystal clear. I was very happy until last night and all day today it seems to be acting strange. Most of the time the signal quality says around the region of 95-99% but then for no reason it drops to 44 and it wont play any stations because its below the limit i think. The only way to get it back to normal is to do a hard reboot so it forgets all the settings then retunes when its turned on again. Strange wondering if anyone else has this problem or maybe its a faulty machine.

edit: forgot to say timeslip is very good, bad point is no mute which is silly i think.

All in all if it is a faulty machine this is a amazing system from the looks to the sound quality listening to five live on normal MW radio is out the window now all the hissing and crackles heh.

2. jimbobwoof

jimbobwoof

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Ronaldinho,

I bought one of these puppies second hand from RIcher Sounds. I got it cheap so it was without manual or power cable.

I've found the same problems with the DAB tuning. AT the moment, I can't get any station on DAB. The AUtotune just sits and I can;t manual tune at all. And I've tried hard rebooting which hasn;t worked.
    Any hints you have would be most welcomed.

Thank god for FM, I can still listen to something at least.

Not sure if chaning the DRC value helps at all. ON mine there is only 0, 1/2 and 1.