sharp bluray player and DIE HARD menus

sith1970

Standard Member
Hi,

I bought the 3 die hard films on bluray this week and i found an odd behavior with the discs menus. They take an eternity to load and they are way too slow to react to remote control commands. The scene selections menu and the pop up menu option are just unbereable to use. All 3 discs have this problem, altough die hard 3 is not so severe. By the way, the Cast Away bluray also have this problem. Is the player at fault or is something to do with the discs themselves?

kingfats

Distinguished Member
Hi,

I bought the 3 die hard films on bluray this week and i found an odd behavior with the discs menus. They take an eternity to load and they are way too slow to react to remote control commands. The scene selections menu and the pop up menu option are just unbereable to use. All 3 discs have this problem, altough die hard 3 is not so severe. By the way, the Cast Away bluray also have this problem. Is the player at fault or is something to do with the discs themselves?
Hi sith1970. :)
The Die Hard discs have been a problem for the Sharp,with it only being profile 1.0 and the discs Java based..............the player can struggle. :(
All the best.

sith1970

Standard Member
thanks for the info. i was suspecting the java sindrome was the cause of my problem. and i forgot the profile issue, as well.

Seems like a new player purchase is the only solution. Well, such is life...

kingfats

Distinguished Member
thanks for the info. i was suspecting the java sindrome was the cause of my problem. and i forgot the profile issue, as well.

Seems like a new player purchase is the only solution. Well, such is life...
Hi sith1970. :)
Sorry about that mate :( there's been quite a few members who have complained about this boxset.
All the best.

Cabo 5150

I have a Sony S300 (now in the bedroom!) and a Panny BD-30. The Sony struggles as you describe to load my Die Hard discs and cope with the menus, while the profile 1.1 BD-30 is way quicker and a lot smoother with the menus.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Panasonic HX800 TV + Sony HT-G700 Soundbar reviews, movie and TV show news and reviews
Top Bottom