sharp aquos20" LCDTV

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs Forum' started by DavidMaunder, Jul 22, 2004.

Tags:
  1. DavidMaunder

DavidMaunder

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello all,

Can anyone help? I recently won the above LCDTV in a raffle and was extemely excited! The problem is, it was bought in the U.S and as such, I can't get a picture. It has NTSC, PAL M and PAL N, but I know that is not compatible with the UK. There is no SCART connections, but there is RGB and SVIDEO. I know I need some sort of converter...but which one...how much etc. Can anyone please give me some advice/suggestions... it would be greatly appreciated.

regards

David

2. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,218
    Get ProV around £100 ish and a few around S/H or a freeview box. Netgem has component out and there are a few with S-Video.

3. DavidMaunder

DavidMaunder

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Apparently PROV will not work and I'm unsure as to how a free view box will, as it connected by SCART, which the TV does not have. Anymore comments please.

Dave

4. Rimmer

Rimmer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    A simple SCART to S-VIDEO + PHONO adaptor should do the job. If you have an SVHS VCR you could loop other devices through it and use its S-VIDEO output.

5. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,218
    Who said a ProV wont work? Netgem freeveiw has component output. or get a cheap scaler like an Iscan pro S/H see keene for Pal>NTSC converters etc
    scart is only a cable not a video signal scart can carry composite, S-video and RGBS Signals (in rare cases also YPbPr) all that is required is the appropriate cable.