sharp aquos smashed sceen help please

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs Forum' started by leonbaz, Sep 10, 2012.

Tags:
  1. leonbaz

leonbaz
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hi i have a sharp aquos 24 inch (lc24le210e) and the screen has been smashed, i think the tv is led, does that mean just the backlight is led or the screen is led ? i ask this because i cant seem to find a replacement panel, i managed to find one place but they want £500 plus vat. the tv was only around £269 when i bought it new. its only in the bedroom but seems far to nice a tv to just throw in the bin i was hoping to repair it, does it have to be the exact same panel or maybe i could put a samsung or lg etc any info is greatly appreciated and thanks in advance

2. stevelup

stevelup

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,269
    You're not going to be able to source a replacement panel for a reasonable price.

Can't you claim on your insurance??

3. redaprilia

redaprilia

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +120
    Only the exact screen will work , your only hope to get the tv working again is to source a identical model on ebay that has been scrapped for a different reason and make one worker out of 2 scrap tv's . But if you cant find a scrap Sharp on ebay then you will have to bite the bullet and go 32" or 42" , pls don't do 24" again as they have all been downgraded to junk !