1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sharp Aquos LCD over Panasonic Plasma?

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs' started by glasgow boy, Oct 13, 2005.

1. glasgow boy

glasgow boy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi guys

I had set myself on buying the 37" Panasonic TH37PV500 Plasma at around £2,000 but have had difficulty finding one in stock for this price.

Someone then suggested one of the Sharp Aquos 37" LCD's, but looking online I'm confused by the different Sharp's that are available. Can anyone point me in the direction of a good model to go for that is comparable spec wise with the Panny?

I'm looking for a wall mountable, HD ready, 37" with good connectivity, and built in freeview tuner and no more than £2,000.

2. jonandjen

jonandjen

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +30
    Best of the current Sharps is probably the LC37GD7E. It is the latest release from Sharp, and has HDMI / component / PC / RGB Scart connectivity and built in Freeview. It is in a rather snazzy titanium colour, and although too new for any reviews, all it's predecessors GD1 (which is still available but more expensive) & GA3 / GA4 have been up there with the best (if not the best) in their repective classes.

There is also a cheaper LC37GA6E which also has same connectivity, but lacks the Freeview digital tuner (normal analogue) and is in the more traditional silver colouring.

Info i've read suggests Loewe were involved in the conception / production of the GD7, hence it should (on paper at least) perform better than the GA6. There has to be more than just a freeview tuner to justify the price difference!!

I think either would be superb, and I would definitely go for them over the Plasma. (Although if I was ever in the market for a plasma, the Viera would certainly be at the top of my list)

Let us know how you get on etc.

jonandjen :)

3. danvitale

danvitale

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +114
    I've just Pricerunner'd the 37GD7E and it came to £1797.17 including delivery. Quite suitable I think :)

That'll give you plenty of dosh left over to buy some good cables and a upscaling DVD player.

4. glasgow boy

glasgow boy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Cheers guys :smashin: , just been looking at prices online myself. Looking good.

I had came across the GD1, but it was a good bit more expensive as you say.

I take it, it only comes in Titanium with no silver option (my speakers are silver)?

Also, why is the EPG only available "from 2006"?