1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sharp Aquos LCD LC37AA1H

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs' started by eyecare, Jan 9, 2004.

1. eyecare

eyecare

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have learned a bit about LCD and plasma displays from this forum in the last two weeks before I bought the above Sharp LCD set in Hong Kong. It is a new model here and has the speakers underneath the display, unlike the existing LC 37HV4H.
    At HKD 45000 (divided by 14 to Sterling equiv), it certainly is by far the most expensive household appliance for me.

I have noted the comment of image trailing of LCD screens in general but I cannot observe such phenomenon while watching either football or tennis so far. Is this because I am not observant enough to appreciate the fine difference or that may be these newer sets have a so called QS(Quick Shoot) feature as mentioned in Sharp's website ?http://www.sharp.com.hk/EIP/News.nsf/NewsListEn/48256B14002FCF2F48256E06001DD0A1?OpenDocument

Does it infer it has a lower response time? Does anyone know the response time (ms) for these units?

Finally, I read posts about the LC37HV4H suffering from overscan. This quite likely will apply to my unit too. What does overscanning mean?

Thank you for answering these questions for a novice.

Gordon

2. MAW

MAW
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +412
    Overscan refers to the part of the picture which is off the edges of your display. You might see 1/2 a channel logo, for instance. Can't remember what the response time is on your panel, the reason for the high cost and only recent arrival of large LCD panels has been the response time is more difficult to keep down on larger panels. Sharp are arguably the best large LCD maker, yours will be amongst the best in that respect, and show less streaking as a result.