Sharp Aquos LCD - going into standby...HELP!

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs Forum' started by Geoff S Harris, Aug 5, 2005.

Tags:
  1. Geoff S Harris

Geoff S Harris

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    My TV (Sharp LCD) keeps going into standby after several minutes of viewing satellite channels (randon length of time before standby, some channels seem unaffected but have not tried them all!).

I have changed the scart leads, I have changed the Sky box.

I am now assuming that this is likely to be a fault on the TV but do not know enough about the technical issues to know whether this is likely to be an expensive repair (or whether I have missed something which would be obvious to a forum member).

I would appreciate any sensible suggestions (oh, and yes, it is beyond warranty).

2. SCO7T

SCO7T

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +20
    hi mate
    i have a sharp aquos 3d led think model number is 40le831e and think mine dos the same
    i can be watching sky hd via hdmi and a message appears on screen at the bottom left
    with words to the effect no input tv will shutdown in 7 mins and keeps doing it every minute
    till it goes off.
    is that whats happening with yours
    only just bought mine but dont wanna take it back as i only paid £300 +vat =£360 for it with a free pair a 3d glasses from macro the other day, they all sold with in 30 sconds of opening