1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sharp Aquos LC26 GA3/ 4E

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs' started by Jamesv, Sep 27, 2005.

1. Jamesv

Jamesv

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Just spoken to Sharp and have had it confirmed that the 26" GA3/4E will not show HD correctly. Apparently the full definition will not be obtained. Different technology used in the GA6E. I am extremely pi**ed off now as I spoke to Sharp before buying the tv 12 months ago and was assured that the GA4E was HD ready and not just compatible. So a new model will have to be purchased meaning thats £1000 down the drain :mad:

2. miketrim

miketrim

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    If thats what they told you then they have mis-sold you the goods under the sale of goods act and you are entitled to compensation. Goods must be fit for the purpose and this TV obviously isnt.

3. Jamesv

Jamesv

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the info Mike. I am persuing this with Sharp head office and will let everybody know the outcome.

4. danvitale

danvitale

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +114
    It depends on the definition of HD, but I'll be interested (as a fellow Sharp 26GA3E owner) to hear the reply. If its a case of 1080i running down to fit the 768 lines then that isnt a problem imo.

5. Jamesv

Jamesv

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    After escalating this issue with Sharp I have had a couple of phone calls explaining that the GA3/4E ARE in fact suitable for High Def and that the only difference between them and the GA6E is the replacement of the DVI socket with a HDMI socket. I just wish this little niggle at the back of my mind would disappear. Its concerning that two seperate sources confirmed the processor in the GA3 /4E would not handle HD as well as the "new improved" processor in the GA6E leading to a small degredation in picture quality. So is it initial misinformation or a change of stance to avoid further action? Hopefully the former. In fairness to Sharp all the representatives were very helpfull so case closed.

6. danvitale

danvitale

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +114
    James, Ive seen HD on my 26GA3E and I was stunned by it. I think the existing model can handle HD feeds ok. ;)

Thanks for posting the update. Cant wait for the Xbox 360 to come out so I can use all that 720p goodness.

7. PioRow

PioRow

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +19
    Phew, thankgoodness for that, I was getting worried!

8. Jamesv

Jamesv

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    No problem guys glad to help ; ) A further point worth mentioning is that the engineer I spoke to last actually said the GA3 /4E's were superior models to the GA6E, with more features inc 1 bit processing and removable speakers. The only advantage of the GA6E is the HDMI input as apposed to DVI but this is of no concern to me because when I get the Sky High Def box I will be routing picture to tv through the DVI socket and digital 5.1 audio straight to my receiver through the SPDIF socket. The GA3 /4E's retailed for £1600, the GA6E retails for £999.