Sharp Aquos LC-45GD1E LCD - is it a good buy at £799?

mikedeakin

Standard Member
Reaction score
I have the opportunity of buying a Sharp LC-45GD1E for £799 - brand new with 12month warranty.

It certainly seems that this was a fantastic TV in its day, but is it still up there with the latest generation TVs around the same price. Or would I be better going for something like a Panasonic plasma?

I would be very tempted at that price, this thing was over £4000 a couple of years ago.

I dont belive its a 1080p panel, only 1080i but it will still produce a stunning picture.

The old Sharps also had tons and tons of picture tweaking options, far more than the latest range.

Its also one of the best looking TV's on Earth, with a very slim titanium frame.

£799.............Go for it.

I used to work for Sharp selling their Aquos range.

Certainly snap it up! :thumbsup:

A very attractive TV with a seperate tuner box useful for wall installing (bit lacking in HD inputs though) or forget the box and plug a home cinema PC straight in! Plus you can remove the speaker for a very slim TV with a very thin frame.

1080i vs 1080p is not really a issue with the absolute bargain price is involved.

I'm jealous! :mad:

;)

It don't sound that great to of a deal me, I would not be paying that much money for a TV that is 2 years old. You can get better TVs then that for the same money, I can't think of a similar LCD off the top of my head but you can get the Panasonic Th42PX70 plasma for £850 backed up with a 5 year warranty.

I wouldn't listen to the post above, he probably still works for Sharp

Heres a review of the Sharp, seems quite average to me

http://reviews.cnet.co.uk/televisions/0,39030219,39187163,00.htm

It don't sound that great to of a deal me, I would not be paying that much money for a TV that is 2 years old. You can get better TVs then that for the same money, I can't think of a similar LCD off the top of my head but you can get the Panasonic Th42PX70 plasma for £850 backed up with a 5 year warranty.

No, I don't still work for Sharp although they would be still near the top of my list when buying a LCD TV.

If the original poster doesn't want the TV for £799, then message me and I'll find it a good new home!

It don’t sound that great to of a deal me, I would not be paying that much money for a TV that is 2 years old. You can get better TVs then that for the same money, I can’t think of a similar LCD off the top of my head but you can get the Panasonic Th42PX70 plasma for £850 backed up with a 5 year warranty.

Could you find a more irrelevant comparison ?????????

Th42PX70: 1024x768 42" plasma with very limited features

vs

LC-45GD1E: 1920x1080 LCD with more tweaking options than any panel on the planet.

There is no comparison dude. This Sharp is still one of the best TV's on earth. At that price its a no brainer.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom