Sharp Aquos LC-37GA6E lost PS3 HDMI connectivity

Gibletts

Standard Member
Reaction score
Ok - could really do with some expert help here people.....
Have had my Aquos panel up and running for some time now.
I've got a 5 port HDMI switcher connecting the PS3, DVD (Sony DVP-NS76H), BT Vision Box & my HTPC. All using HDMI.
all running like clockwork...until last night.
I finished playing the PS3 and switched it off. Today I've lost the HDMI connectivity on the
PS3 & DVD?
I've tried all that reset stuff. Even reset it back to AV Scart (which works) and manually re-set the PS3 back to HDMI - All I get is a black screen with the 576 standard res in the top right.
The DVD player as well. It just flickers Black Scrren to "No Connection" Tried re-setting it manually (720p) Nothing!!!
Even stranger....
The HTPC works fine (720p @ 50Hz) No problem.
The BT Vision box (on-start-up) tells me - "Connection does not support HDMI" "Remove Lead and use AV" Yet there's a picture. When I set it to 720p the message goes away....
What's the deal....?
It cannot be the LCD? Can it? the HTPC works fine.
But what's the chances of the PS3 & DVD going boots-up at the same time....?
I'm totally lost here. Could the HDMI switch have stuffed my PS3 & DVD up?
Ended up having the switch the DVD & PS3 back to noddy AV connections. Booo! Rubbish.
Trawled the forums & I cannot see anything similar - and I re-set everything 10 times over.
HELP !!

Sounds more likely that your 5 port switch has died to be honest. Have you tried your kit via HDMI directly into the TV ? Then you can try the kit in different ports on your switch ? Maybe one of your cables is faulty so swap them about too. Just need to do a bit of trial and error to find the bad part I guess.

Nope...
I had already taken the HDMI switcher out of the loop.
Plugging everything in directley.
PS3 - Nothing
DVD - Nothing
HTPC - Fine (720p)
BT Vision - Ok (Once I reset - Strange Warining on re-start)

I've never seen anything like it....
I think it's the T.V - HDMI handshake.
And I also think it was the BT vision box that's done it (Newest equipment)

I just don't get why the HTPC is fine and everything else is not....

sharp have the most appalling build quality there LCDs suffer from banding Still!!! when i got one parts of it didn't work straight out of the box so i sent it back and got a refund.

blame the LCD blame sharp

Ha! Ha!
I would - but it's nearly 12 months over the warranty.....
not sure what to do.
Checked both the Ps3 & the DVD on another TV via HDMI - both working fine.
Still don't get it.

The HTPC runs fine at 720 - the other 2 are mullered via HDMI? - Yet fine on another TV
does not make sense??????:mad:.
Bloody telly....poxy HDMI switch

Hi,

Just had exacly same issue, i'm just not sure what to do next.

I assume the hdmi input on the tv is faulty as I have tried the ps3 and dvd diect without the switcher and still no picture. I get sound from ps3 via surround system that's conected via seperate lead so its got to be faulty hdmi on the tv.

Have you found a solution? I see your problem occured last week so you have had more time to deal with it. Can't beleive it, I had got it all set up as I wanted and the switcher was a real bonus given the set has only one hdmi, but I reckon the switcher may be the reason for this fault.

I have contacted a repair centre and they want £150 to so it plus parts so if you could let me know if you have done anything different please get back to me i would really appreciate it.

Best Regards

Dan

Greetings all, well let me tell you what I found out. I have taken delivery of my new Sharp LC32x20E and I already own a Sharp LC32AD5E which works great, I bought the Sharp LC32x20E for my PS3. When connected to any HDMi port the PS3 was not showing at all, strange, I connected the ps3 to my older LC32AD5E with same cables and bravo it all works, I looked closer at the back of the new delivered today LC32x20E and noticed that the plastic around the hdmi ports is not fixed down well at all and you can press it back against the HDMI ports, this pushes some hdmi cables out, just enough to mess with the signal, I have inserted a another hdmi cable that I have and that works fine, still not very good really, I am considering if I can be bothered to send it back. So do not fear and send yourself mad buy this cable:

1m High Speed PRO-2 HDMI Cable: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics & Photo

it works for me where the other £25 one does not.

I hope this helps at least one person

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom