1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sharp Aquos LC-26P50E

Discussion in 'TVs' started by electrify_dizz, Oct 21, 2005.

1. electrify_dizz

electrify_dizz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi all,

With the XBOX 360 around the corner (I was at the internal MS launch today. Let me tell you, you're in for a treat. Sadly, I can't say any more than that!) I want to try and get a HDTV. Still being young, limited budget etc etc, I want to get something as close to the £500 mark as possible. The Sharp Aquos LC-26P50E is coming in at about £570 give or take, and was wondering what peoples views on it as a HDTV are.

Do many of you have it? And have you managed to test any of the 720p Xbox games on it?

If not this one, then has anyone got any other recommendations?

2. neilmcl

neilmcl

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +290
    Straight off this isn't a "HD Ready" set, it only has a resolution of 960x540. However because it has all the necessary connections it will receive a HD signal and output it albeit at the screens native resolution. The good news though that this set is ideal for viewing standard def. TV and DVD as it's optimised for PAL transmissions and believe me it does an excellant job.

I can't comment on your Xbox query I'm afraid but if you are only buying it with pure gaming in mind then maybe you'd be better off with a HD REady set such as the Samsung. Bear in mind though that the P50s resolution is exaclty 2/3 of 720 and 1/2 of 1080 so there won't be any messy scaling going on so it should do a good job at outputting HD as well, although not as good as a HD display obviouslly, but at 26" I'd doubt you'd notice much difference.

BTW the best place for this post would be the LCD forum.