Sharp Aquos Fan Noise: Replace the Fans?

Bails

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi. I have read a few threads on this forum about the fan noise from the Sharp Aquos panels. I too am bothered by the fan noise and am wondering if anyone has successfully replaced the fans with quieter ones. Has anyone had a look to see if standard pc-type fan connectors are used? Has anyone had a go at changing the fans? Or is it just not possible.

I really like the Aquos picture but the fan noise just seems a serious design flaw to me.

I'm also very interested for this question ;)

the new range doesn't have fans anymore. (at least, the 32GD7E doesn't)

Bails said:
Hi. I have read a few threads on this forum about the fan noise from the Sharp Aquos panels. I too am bothered by the fan noise and am wondering if anyone has successfully replaced the fans with quieter ones. Has anyone had a look to see if standard pc-type fan connectors are used? Has anyone had a go at changing the fans? Or is it just not possible.

I really like the Aquos picture but the fan noise just seems a serious design flaw to me.

I remember someone having a look and the connector is a tiny 3 pin fan one - not the 'jumper' style as found on PC motherboard, but a tinier version, actually like the one on the fan itself. I think it's called a 3 pin pcb socket.

Looks like this, but with less pins.
http://cpc.farnell.com/productimages/cpc/standard/CN01264.jpg

av_master said:

Ok but i have a LC37GD1EA and i want to find a fix :(

av_master said:

That's interesting. I wonder if they desgined better passive cooling, or decided that the fans weren't needed, or maybe they are using a new chipset that has low power output and doesn't need cooling? I'd love to get rid of them on my 32GA4E.

James

I don't suppose anyone ever got around to giving this a try?

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom