• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Sharp Aquos D85U Series LCD Television

sheainsider

Standard Member
I bought this tv ( Sharp Aquos LC52D85U ), and have had two weeks or so to tweak its settings. So far there haven't been any issues with this set, apart from the fact that the speakers sound a bit "tinny". It's compensated for due to my home theatre system.

This is hooked up to a PS3 via a Cat2 v1.3a HDMI cable 6ft (with Super White ON, RGB FULL), which I've used to verify the settings. This is one of the best set's I've worked with, and thus is the motivation behind me posting here on this site (I've tuned TV's for a while now, but haven't posted anything on this site before... after having read some posts, I've got to say that I'm impressed!)

Without further adieu here are my personal settings, fit to automatically adjust backlight intensity from full-dark room to brightly-lit (full outdoor light spectra) room using the built-in OPC technology. Yes, I actually use it -- this is a brilliant feature for a room with many windows.

OPC (ON, Display)
Backlight: -9
Contrast: +31
Brightness: -1
Colour: +9
Hue/Tint: 0
Sharpness: +1

Colour Hue:
+30
+12

Colour Saturation:
+30
+1
+7
+8
+24

Colour Temp: Medium
Fine Motion Enhanced: ON
OPC Range: +9 to -9.

Cheers from Canada!

sheainsider

Standard Member
Oh yes, let me add that the colour settings remain the same in both the RGB space (PS3 games + XMB), and in the YCbCr space (DVD/BD/SAT/Cable).

However,

RGB Contrast: +27
RGB Brightness: +10

YCbCr Contrast: +28
YCbCr Brightness: 0

(The values listed in my *initial* post were extremely subjective, and was for a mix of both sources...)

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom