• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Sharp Aquos BD-HP20 won't read Yellow Submarine

Portland Bill

Standard Member
I bought Yellow Submarine on Blu Ray from Amazon about 3 weeks ago and tonight is the first time I've tried to play it.

When I put the disc in, it flashes and says "Reading disc.." and never gets any further.

This is the only disc I've had a problem with. I put a different Blu ray disc in and it reads instantly.

It suggests to me that there's a problem with the disc, but how many times does anyone really come across dud discs?

I've checked the firmware and I'm up to date so I can't figure out why it won't play.

Any suggestions?

skk3

Prominent Member
Can only be a dud disc; can you try on a friend's player before you get an exchange?

Portland Bill

Standard Member
Ok, so it's taken me a while but I've tried it on two of my mate's BD players and it plays absolutely fine on theirs.

The only thing I would say is their players are less than 6 months old. Could it be something to do with the age of my machine?

I just don't get it. Every single other DVD and BD I have plays absolutely fine on my machine apart from this disc, yet this disc works perfectly on other players.

:confused:

The latest video from AVForums

SVS Prime Wireless Pro Powered Speakers - Review Coming Soon
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom