1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sharp 9000 for £1200

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by jrwood, Feb 27, 2002.

1. jrwood

jrwood

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    http://cgi6.ebay.co.uk/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewBids&item=1519071216

Well yesterday the bid was at £600 !...

I posed some questions to the seller and the person did'nt reply to any of the questions!. Now Im not accusing this seller as a scammer but just think before you bid!...

a) suggested payment is incredibly dodgy...
    b) the seller is a new account..
    c) the projector is worth 5 times the current auction price
    d) seller doesnt answer any questions about it, even lamp life
    e) If I was selling something even if I was given it as a Birthday present and did'nt want it I would at least put it up for 5+ days or more... not 3!
    f) If a deal is too good to be true then it usually is!
    g) Cornwall is near eurotunnel ;)
    h) ebay covers you up to £130? :rolleyes:
    i) Its a very new projector and top of its range?

Makes me wonder if ebay encourage scams like this.... of course I could be wrong, some people just love giving away things for nothing!.

James

2. jrwood

jrwood

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Well it went for £2,150.00 !, would you send a personal cheque and hope to see a projector arrive later on ? ;)

Pity you can't contact the winner and ask if he/she ever got it!.

3. Jase

Jase

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +856
    You should replace the word winner with sucker!;)

4. jrwood

jrwood

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Whats funny is that the guy used the well known and respected Japan Direct image on his auction lmao

5. Technophobe

Technophobe
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    This is about the third Sharp 9000 I've seen on eBay as well as a couple of Infocus LS110's (Tosh MT5) and the hi end Marantz every ones talking about, all from sellers with no history and no responses to mails.
    On one occasion I was so sure it was a scam that I put in a high bid to save others from getting ripped-off. When I won the auction the seller was bursting to give me as many options as he could to pay including direct bank transfer. So on the pretense of checking out the warrantee I asked for the units serial No and exact model number etc.
    Guess what I never heard from him again!!

Technophobe

6. jrwood

jrwood

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yep, if I was selling something I would be very glad to answer any questions people posed to me. If someone does'nt reply to a simple question or two, then its certainly a SCAM.

Hopefully whoever won the bid won't lose any money but some people are gullible. Out of interest, are these other ebay 'scams' been in the Cornwall area?. I`m wondering if its a good place because of the many B&B's in the area..

I noticed recently that Tescos Home Delivery now allows you to have a different address to send the goods to, hmm I dont understand why someone would want to do this if they are paying unless of course you have two homes...

7. tryingtimes

tryingtimes

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +548
    I'm sure there are many instances where multiple delivery addresses are welcome. Buying for elderly parents for example, delivery to work, sending stuff next door to make sure someone's in, etc

8. Moto

Moto

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I very rarely get things sent to my house now, how many times have you taken a day off work or even a morning to find out nothing arrives???:mad:

If people won't send it to my work address then they won't get the business Full Stop..

Rant over

Andy

(me is having a bad day, who's idea was it to give up smoking? oh it was mine:( )