Quantcast

Sharp 65 inch LCD TV on display at JLP Oxford Street from this weekend!!!

TheBoingoBandit

Novice Member
For the first time in the UK, the Sharp 65 inch Sharp Aquos is going to go on sale. This will be displayed at John Lewis Oxford Street from this weekend.

Don't know if HDTV will be shown on it or what the price will be, but I will post up more info once I get it and possibly photos too!

If anyone's going to go see it, then remember Charlotte Church and Rachel Stevens will be performing at the Oxford Street festival this Saturday! :smashin:

neilmcl

TheBoingoBandit said:
If anyone's going to go see it, then remember Charlotte Church and Rachel Stevens will be performing at the Oxford Street festival this Saturday! :smashin:
I'd rather just see the TV ;)

domtheone

Distinguished Member
TheBoingoBandit said:

neilmcl said:
I'd rather just see the TV ;)
LMAO :D :D

Smi1er

Standard Member
Yep! It's was there this evening.

I just thought WOW! :thumbsup: Lovely set :D

Can be ordered from December.

Me thinks they won't sell many... £50 change out of £14K :eek: :eek: :eek:

domtheone

Distinguished Member
TheBoingoBandit said:
I went and took some photos...

Wish we could see them :D :rolleyes: ;)

kourosh

Distinguished Member
lol you dont get much for £14k :rolleyes:

Rob20

So is this tv capable of displaying a 1080p 50/60hz signal? (when they arrive via PS3, HD-DVD/Blu-Ray). For £14,000 it has to surely. Think I'd rather have the smaller 45" lcd for £5,000 and buy a decent projector with the remaining £9k.

chambeaj

Picture quality looks terrible.

Daftboy

Novice Member
Is this available as a pre order or is it just a demo as I heard the unit isn't available yet (I think this is a sample or something)?

TheBoingoBandit

Novice Member
Daftboy said:
Is this available as a pre order or is it just a demo as I heard the unit isn't available yet (I think this is a sample or something)?

It's an import from Japan. But it is on pre-order and will be released about Chrimbo.

Rob20

According to the latest HCC, (issue 123 Dec 05), this set will be 1080i only. For 14k I would have expected some degree of future proofing. Apparantly Sharp is to release 2 1080p LCDS in Japan at the same time as the 65" lcd gets it's Uk release, (Dec 2005). The 57" LC-57GD2E will sell for approx £7,200 and the 37" LC-37GD2E for approx £2,600.

Trending threads

Latest News

Netflix UK free trials come to an end
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Sony update brings AirPlay 2 and Dolby Atmos support to select TVs
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Cleer FLOW II headphones get Google Assistant
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Denon introduces DHT-S216 All-in-One soundbar