• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Sharp 55" 4K UHD offer this week

Sloppy Bob

Distinguished Member
It depends upon what you're looking for.

It's a decent sized TV at a good price, but at that price point, I'd probably buy a 50" Hisense instead and get a decent 5 yr warranty with it.

Undoubtedly though it's a poor quality TV made by Vestel in Turkey or by Foxconn and will not be up to watching 4K HDR content on. It will be fine-ish for HD content if you're not fussy.

The UI could be a bit ropey, probably laggy, however your Firestick will take care of a lot of that.

If you want a decent 55" 4K TV for HDR content, you're looking at ~£1k for the last of the 2019 TV models (Sony XG9505) or another £500+ for a 2020 model.

While the 2020 models may be currently overpriced, you can see why a £329 TV isn't going to live up to the standards of a £1500+ one.

Last edited:

W6oody

Novice Member
It depends upon what you're looking for.

It's a decent sized TV at a good price, but at that price point, I'd probably buy a 50" Hisense instead and get a decent 5 yr warranty with it.

Undoubtedly though it's a poor quality TV made by Vestel in Turkey or by Foxconn and will not be up to watching 4K HDR content on. It will be fine-ish for HD content if you're not fussy.

The UI could be a bit ropey, probably laggy, however your Firestick will take care of a lot of that.

If you want a decent 55" 4K TV for HDR content, you're looking at ~£1k for the last of the 2019 TV models (Sony XG9505) or another £500+ for a 2020 model.

While the 2020 models may be currently overpriced, you can see why a £329 TV isn't going to live up to the standards of a £1500+ one.

Thanks for the reply very grateful. Sounds like too many compromises for me... I do like a middle of Lidl deal though.

I think I will start a TV recommendation post in correct sub section. I was previously looking at OLEDs in the £1k+ range, sounds like I should stick to my original plan.

Thanks again. Woody

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom