Sharp 42xD1e-A - 1080p uncertainty

C

craigie

Hi
I have a Sharp 42xD1e-A LCD TV and have it connected HDMI to HDMI (cheap lead from Sainsburys) to a Samsung 1080p7 upscaling DVD player.
Picture and sound seem great.
How do i know that i am watching in 1080p and not 1080i (or less)?
You can set the resolution with the DVD player using the "HDMI sel" button on the remote. I toggle this until it says 1080P. If you hit the info button on the television remote, it displays at the top of the screen "DVDP" and then "1920 x 1080" and also 50HZ (or 60HZ i can't remember)
How can i be certain i am viewing at 1080p
i often hear that cheaper HDMI cables won't display a 1080p signal
How could you possibly tell that it is not displaying a 1080p signal?
How can i check?

thanks for any info.

Craig

If the sharp only displays 1920x1080 50hz, it's progressive. When it's "interlaced" it will show an "i": 1920x1080i

Hi
I have a Sharp 42xD1e-A LCD TV and have it connected HDMI to HDMI (cheap lead from Sainsburys) to a Samsung 1080p7 upscaling DVD player.
Picture and sound seem great.
How do i know that i am watching in 1080p and not 1080i (or less)?
You can set the resolution with the DVD player using the "HDMI sel" button on the remote. I toggle this until it says 1080P. If you hit the info button on the television remote, it displays at the top of the screen "DVDP" and then "1920 x 1080" and also 50HZ (or 60HZ i can't remember)
How can i be certain i am viewing at 1080p
i often hear that cheaper HDMI cables won't display a 1080p signal
How could you possibly tell that it is not displaying a 1080p signal?
How can i check?

thanks for any info.

Craig

I have the Samsung player, if you go into the picture settings you can manually set the output to whatever you like, 720p,1080i,1080p etc

so if you set it to output 1080p then it will only output that i guess.

I have the Samsung player, if you go into the picture settings you can manually set the output to whatever you like, 720p,1080i,1080p etc

so if you set it to output 1080p then it will only output that i guess.

Hi there
I tried this on my Samsung, but it seems to reset back to 480p when i switch the unit on and off. What firmware version do you have? How do i find out which firmware version i have? What setting do you have for Video output under the menu - set up - display setting?

thanks

Hi there
I tried this on my Samsung, but it seems to reset back to 480p when i switch the unit on and off. What firmware version do you have? How do i find out which firmware version i have? What setting do you have for Video output under the menu - set up - display setting?

thanks

I will have to check when I get home, you are talking about the Samsung and not your Sharp arn't you?

I only ask because I don't have the same TV as you, I have the Sony D3000.

It's the same for both sets (I had both) if it's interlaced it has "i" progressive doesn't have a "p" just the rez. ie 1920x1080

I will have to check when I get home, you are talking about the Samsung and not your Sharp arn't you?

I only ask because I don't have the same TV as you, I have the Sony D3000.

I am talking about the Samsung and not the Sharp. How do you check the firmware version so i can check also.
Check and see if the HDMI is still set to manual 1080p when you switch the unit on and off.

Cheers

If the sharp only displays 1920x1080 50hz, it's progressive. When it's "interlaced" it will show an "i": 1920x1080i

It's the same for both sets (I had both) if it's interlaced it has "i" progressive doesn't have a "p" just the rez. ie 1920x1080

uncertainty, I don't think so......

As we have already explained the Sharp shows exactly the resolution it is receiving via HDMI.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom