Sharp 42XD10E

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs Forum' started by arty11, May 4, 2007.

Tags:
  1. arty11

arty11

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi guys,

Just bought a Sharp 42XD10E yesterday from Comet and got it home lastnight and I am very very impressed with the picture quality. I have just returned 2 tvs in the last week and a bit (a samsung 37R74BDX LCD and a Pioneer 4270XD plasma) as I haven't been happy with them. My issue is that when I do a search for this model I can only find the 42XD1E. Is this the same model? Also, the bottom of the tv looks different along the bottom. Have I been sold an old model here!? Comet are showing a photo of the 42XD1E on their website, but it doesn't look like mine! Had the casing changed slightly recently?? What's going on here? Please tell me I haven't been sold an old model!! All the specs on the SHARP website are the same, just the silver strip is totally different along the bottom.

Any help much appreciated!

Arty

2. and36

and36

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
  3. arty11

arty11

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yeah, that image is the same as the one I have got!!! Well found!

Man, I hope i've not got an old one or something! They did say at Comet that it's not been in for very long, just hope I wasn't being fobbed off!

4. jon_c0

jon_c0

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +85
  5. chucky_uk

chucky_uk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +14
    The tv you have is the 42XD1E.

I think your find it's a typo error but i could be wrong.

I also have the 42xd1e and have been blown away by the quality of the picture on SD and HD content:D

6. MitchR

MitchR

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +45
    No, the XD10E is a model made on behalf of Comet UK, BCC Netherlands and some other stores. It's a new model which will be sold only through these shops and has a few adjustments over the XD1E, such as a better sound system installed, a new casing and some other internal adjustments. It has however, the same panel as the XD1E, so it should perform just as well

7. arty11

arty11

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    jon_c0 and MitchR, thanks so much for that info! Looks like the casing is either a one off exclusive for Comet like you say, or it is the latest model shape and Sharp haven't updated the site yet. Either way I feel much much better now! Ahhhh! Thank you so much for that point in the right direction!

All I can say about it is that I was blown away by it lastnight! After having problems with 2 other brands of set, I was feeling like I just wasn't going to get one i'd be happy with! Looks like i've found it in the Sharp! Looked at some reviews in What Hi-Fi etc and the reviews of it were poor! I cannot believe why!! I am far more impressed with this than with either of the other 2 makes i've just had. The Pioneer plasma (which get's very good reviews) was worse than the Samsung, but this Sharp is far better than either!! Admittedly it's full HD 1080P, but everything I disliked about the other 2, is bang on with this!

The guys in Comet in Leeds (Crown Point) were very good I must say! I thought I was going to get the usual school leaver with knowledge-free advice, but the guys there were much more experienced than the norm and gave advice, understanding of my situation with 2 previously returned tv's to other stores, and their technical knowledge of the television market was superb. Well reccommended!!

Cheers all for your most helpful help!! I'll go and enjoy the tv now!

Arty