Sharp 37XD1E - DVI-HDMI not working

Naim.F.C

Established Member
Reaction score
Basically, I've plugged in my DVI to HDMI cable and my PC just won't recognise the Sharp screen, even though it did when I used DVI-VGA.

Anyone have any ideas?

Could it be my GPU driver? Or is it TV/Hardware related.
I'm using an 8800 GTS.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks
Naim

Ok I've managed to get it working.
1080p at 60hz. Only problem is, large portions of the sides, top and bottom are being cropped off! Anyone know how to get this TV to display 1:1 pixel mapped or change to fit to portions?

Ignore! Managed to get it running 1080p 60hz 1:1 pixel mapped :D
Looks gorgeous!!

IM sick of the " we dont need 1080p threads" so this is a breath of fresh air for me.
I would like to know what you did as my TV finally will be here tomorrow (Wed) total boob by Empire Direct and Expert Logistics company, actually was ED to blame.

I have a 7900GTX and I know its not HDCP but read peeps still run card simular (even older 7800's) to 1080p/60hz, did you use Powerstrip cause I only see upto 1080i shaded out in my driver settings (shaded out as Im on S-Video to my CRT).
I know MS blocked some apsects due to licence but cant remember is it was VGA or DVI and you still get picure but at lower quality, they said you need a HDCP card and monitor :(.

Naim m8 could you give me the heads up on what you had to do? Will be taking delivery of the 42" XD1E in next couple of weeks and bought the DVI-HDMI cable yesterday - fifty frigging quid too!

Can't wait though :D

It just takes a bit of tweaking to get the right resolution :p

Well please tell us, so I for one can be ready for Tomorrow and have any apps installed, remember my card is a 7900GTX and not HDCP ready.

Well please tell us, so I for one can be ready for Tomorrow and have any apps installed, remember my card is a 7900GTX and not HDCP ready.

Your card doesn't have to be HDCP, I'm using onboard Nvidia 6150. You just need to send 1920x1080 at 50 or 60hz.

So I ignore the 480p/576p/720p/1080i settings in Nvidia driver tabs ?, if so how do I prove its 1080p not 1080i ?

So I ignore the 480p/576p/720p/1080i settings in Nvidia driver tabs ?, if so how do I prove its 1080p not 1080i ?

It will show 1080p as highlighted in the Nvidia control panel under HDTV settings.

Naim, what was your problem at the beginning? You said it wasn't work at all...

The problem was that my Nvidia control panel was not finding my Sharp set that was attached to it. But I changed drivers, re-plugged in the cable tighter, and hey presto the drivers picked up the screen, and I got 1080p working at 60hz too!

Any chance of a couple of pics RIGHT up close so we can see the 1:1 mapping please?

Cheers

Dave

Snapshot taken up close, showing 1:1. Cleartype disabled.
tv.jpg

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom