Sharp 37p50E

OK thanks... I have a 64mb ATI Mobility Radeon 9700 card on my lappy - do you think resluts would differ any from yours?

/Krikker

krikker said:
OK thanks... I have a 64mb ATI Mobility Radeon 9700 card on my lappy - do you think resluts would differ any from yours?

/Krikker

Not sure, does your lappy have DVI out??? Required if you're going to connect via HDMI. Would also advise you to look on the forums at:
http://entechtaiwan.net/util/ps.shtm

As far as I know I do not have a DVI port (only VGA and tv-out). Can't I just use a VGA/DVI adaptor?

If you mean something like http://www.gefen.com/kvm/product.jsp?prod_id=1310, then I think you'd be better off just using your TV Out.

These carry out some kind of scan conversion and don't always give the best results - also, you'll have one less box to contend with (looks v. expensive too!) :rolleyes:

IMO HDMI should only be used with DVI/HDMI outputs.

hmm ok... but as far as I understand TV-out is much inferior compared to VGA. Is there no way to connect via VGA? Alternatively, is there some way that I can add a DVI port to my lappy?
Or maybe I can optimise it somehow through my DVD/player (Denon DHT-500SD)?

There's no way to connect via VGA, without using a VGA>DVI or VGA>S-Video/Composite/Component converter. Not sure passing it through your Denon DVD would do anything for picture quality.

A pretty fair review by all accounts. I would have to agree.

Yes, they sum it up very well, and certainly, my 37P50 is fulfilling my every expectation. However, I do not agree with their remarks concerning the 'remote control'.
I consider it to be the best design that I have seen, stable,doesn't slip and slide all over the place, comfortable to hold, with plenty of space for your fingers, and doesn't have one of those silly trap-doors to get to the buttons.
This TV is worth buying for the "remote' alone.
Get one today,and be happy!

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom