1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sharp 37", quick review, wallmounts & connections!

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Buying & Building' started by roopsbrar, Nov 26, 2004.

1. roopsbrar

roopsbrar

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi All,

This site was recommended to me by a very nice chap at flatdeal.com, as I am new to all this…and I’m knocked out by the level of knowledge & interaction (!!), which is what I need to tap into.

12 months of procrastination lead me to buy the (too many excellent reviews to ignore) Sharp LC37HV4E from letsgodigital.co.uk (strangely the bill came from Panasonic!) for under £2600 – I waited for this model to go end of life, as the newer models only really offer a marginally brighter screen & DVI (which I’m not sure is of value to me…but I’d welcome comments)

Its resolution, brightness & sound are superb. Black levels are average, particularly in dim scenes however contrast is very good. The OPC (senses ambient light levels) is too aggressive – i.e. dims panel too much in a dark room. But overall, VERY pleased with screen.

I’ve looked for a wall mount which swivels side to side (tilt not needed), to take 20kg & a 200mm VESA fitting. The Vogel EFW2003 (incredible price range of £266-£450) looks good, but I’ve also seen a swivel mount for £26.99!!! (http://www.ricamstore.co.uk/erol.html), who assure me that this is ok..even though their website says max 23” & 20kg. Has anyone used mounts from UNICOL or FutureAutomation, or recommend something?

Finally, what’s the best way of connecting Sky (Sky+ in future) and a DVD?

Seasons greetings to all! :clap:

2. jimbob19

jimbob19

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +47
    Did you end up getting a wall mount for this ?
    I am after a similar setup for my LC37GA3E

3. roopsbrar

roopsbrar

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Sorry for the delay in updating - I did order the swivel from ricam (as above), and while it works - I think the 19.6kg of the screen might be a little too much for the mount (which looks stressed - have piccies of it if you want). All in cost was £55 inc. VESA 200 plate and delivery. I've contacted the supplier, who is waiting to hear back from the manufacturer - I'll let you know what they say if you are interested.

4. Yaka

Yaka

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +110
    could you please post pics of it mounted.

and Letsgoditital is actually a autorised Panosonic shop. it has big panosonic sign on it as well. same they sold out of the aquos screens on boxing day.

5. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,215
    unicol are good but a bit industrial Future automation are very very brackets which i used to sell a lot of with sharp LCD's

6. roopsbrar

roopsbrar

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yaka - picture attached.

Attached Files:

7. roopsbrar

roopsbrar

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yaka - I ordered from letsgodigital...and was somewhat bemused to have a panny delivery sticker on the box!

8. Yaka

Yaka

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +110
    cool , is that the one @ £26 ?

9. roopsbrar

roopsbrar

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi - Yes this is the one for £26, but not from letsgodigitial (sorry for confusion, that's where I bought my Sharp LC37HV4E). I wouldn't recommend this stand for the large screens (i.e. 37") but if you were buying a smaller screen - I'd be happy to let you have my stand for a reasonable fee ;-). Most places sell this one for £55 or more, plus you'll need a VESA adapter (around £16) for 100 or 200mm fixing...

10. thfccambs

thfccambs
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,818
    Will have to take a look,loing for a wall mount for my sharp 26GA4. :)