1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sharp 37" HV4E...Is it worth it

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs' started by Soapysoap, Jan 6, 2005.

1. Soapysoap

Soapysoap
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi, I'm after some input from those in the know and owners of the 37" HV4E. I have come across a local retailer selling them for £1500 with just a standard warranty. Is this a good deal , I read the reviews at Homecinema choice and they were listed as £5000. I know there is no DVi and have seen on hooked up to a PC using Hi DEf demos and it looked great, but what are they like with Freeview and DVDs. Any feedback appreciated as long as it's quick as he only has two left. :lease:
    Soapy

2. ianh64

ianh64

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +63
    It may have been GBP5000 when new, or more, but it isn't as good as any from the G series at half the price.

3. xmb

xmb

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +87
    At that price (if boxed new) I would have one!

4. peterupnorth

peterupnorth

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I bought one just before Christmas. I was disappointed with the PQ on some TV programs (normal and Sky)( Breakfast TV for example) but some were excellent (gardening shows, etc.). It seemed to get better as the day went on (but maybe it was just my eyes). I sold it after a week because it was just too big in the room. You need to be at least 4 mtrs from it or else your eyes fall out (not literally). Overall it really was a good TV (I paid £1999.99 from Webelectrics). Sound was odd though, it always seemed to be half a second in front of the picture. It is a lovely looking item though. If you like it then buy it, at that price if you decide that you don't like it you can sell it on Ebay for more than that (I did with mine!).

5. Soapysoap

Soapysoap
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the advice, going tomorrow to buy one :)
    Soapy