1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sharp 26GA5E vs 26P50E

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs' started by roddersmg, Aug 10, 2005.

1. roddersmg

roddersmg

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Help needed, can't decide between these two, seem very similar other than the higher resolution of the A5E and the lower price. My main viewing is off-air via freeview by scart. No Sky, by the time the Beeb are broadcasting HD will have changed the set anyway. Will the P50E with it's PAL line for line scanning have better PQ? Anyone seen a set on demo yet? Many thanks.

2. pjskel

pjskel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +124
    If it were me, I'd probably wait a short while longer until the new GA6 comes out before making a move. See if the saving on an old stock GA5 is enough to warrant going for it.
    Irrespective of what timeframe you think the BBC will do HD OTA, I'd still sie with the 6 since Shar have probably tweaked the 5 enough to create the 6 and the difference would be noticable enough.
    Like I said, give it 'til the end of the this month or next and see how the differences stack up then.

3. jobseeker

jobseeker

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +57
    When my 37" P50 turns up (which will be when TV and Video Direct get them)I'll let you know