1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sharp 26GA4E Problem

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs' started by dj_ooms, Dec 10, 2004.

1. dj_ooms

dj_ooms

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +23
    I finally got my Sharp 26GA4E TV yesterday morning but didn't get to set it up till the evening. Well I set it up and everything seemed to be running fine. I tuned in the TV stations, connected the XBOX using RGB Scart and connected the PC using a DVI-D cable. Everything seemed to be fine and I put the TV in standby mode after initial setup.

Well my brother switched the TV on to play a bit of XBOX, but the TV did not switch on. The power LED kept flashing green and red and was making a clicking sound. I switched the main power button off and tried switching on but the samething happened. I then decided to unplug the TV and re-plug it in. This time the TV made a click sound once and the LED flashed green then red. The LED then seemed to continuously flash red with no picture at all. I don't know what the problem is and whether the flashing LED means anything. Does anyone have any ideas? Appreciate the help.

2. jimbob19

jimbob19

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +47
    Sounds like one of the power saving mode is set ( the 8s no signal one )
    Press the reset button on the TV and these should all go back to default

3. dj_ooms

dj_ooms

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +23
    Well I switch my TV on this morning and it now seems to be running fine. The Power Management section is set to [Off] so I don't think it is that. I have my PC right next to the TV. Could it possibly be a heat issue?

4. dj_ooms

dj_ooms

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +23
    Well the TV started switching off again. I definitly think it's a heat issue. Anyway I have moved the PC away from the TV and it now seems to be running fine (fingers crossed). I'll post back again if it happens again.

5. bobbytech

bobbytech
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Sounds like you could be right about the heat. From memory, the manual does say the set will going into rest mode or power down or something like that if the operational heat gets too high. It will then resume once the problem (i.e. heat has dropped) has gone.

6. dj_ooms

dj_ooms

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +23
    AHHHHHH.....My TV has started doing it again. My TV was working fine yesterday after I thought it was sorted. Well I came home from work just now and tried switching the TV on from standby. The power LED went green like it was switching on and then made a click and went red again. The power LED is now flashing red continuously. I have tried to ring Sharp but they are not open on weekends. I don't know what could be causing it as I have moved the heatsource away from the TV. This is really irriitating. I rang the retailer I bought it from and they will be happy to refund it. I think I will try Sharp first but I will have to wait till Monday to do that.

7. flatpanel

flatpanel
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    dj_ooms

I have exactly he same problem with a 26GA3E bought for my father. Were you able to get any sense fro Sharp as to what the problem was ?

Michael

8. dj_ooms

dj_ooms

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +23
    Hi Michael

An engineer from Sharp came on Friday. From what he saw he said it seemed like a power supply problem as he couldn't even start the TV up to go into the service test menus. Only thing was he didn't have any spare replacement boards for my TV model so he said he'd have to order one in.

I was expecting a long wait time but the phone rang this morning with the engineer asking if it was alright to come round in 30 minutes.

I have to say I am quite pleased with Sharp's customer service. My TV is now up and running. I can now play my XBOX and watch some DVDs. Very fast response from Sharp.

I do recommend you call them, though you will need proof of purchase to show that the TV is covered by the manufacturers warranty.

Only thing I need to do now is configure the display settings for optimal performance. I also need to wait for my HDTV AV pack for my XBOX so I can enjoy high definition gaming.

Do try and give Sharp a call Michael. Make sure it is Sharpserv though as there normal line are not very helpful. The phone number is 0870 736 0000 if you do not have it.

Hope this helps.

Oomar

9. flatpanel

flatpanel
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Many thanks for the speedy response - I will call them tomorrow.

Michael

10. dj_ooms

dj_ooms

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +23
    Not a problem. Do let us know the outcome.

Oomar