1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sharp 26" GA4 - 2 problems

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs Forum' started by Bluud, Mar 6, 2005.

Tags:
  1. Bluud

Bluud

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Had this TV for 2 days and its fantastic apart from a couple of problems:

1. It has powered itself down (goes to standby) three times since yesterday during normal TV viewing and on DVD. It comes back on if I press the power button on the remote. Checked sleep timer and other power settings, none of which are enabled.

2. One of the fans on the back started making a noise when I switched it on today. The other is silent and I'm sure this one was silent yesterday. I'm hoping its cos its cold and might stop once it has warmed up a bit today.

Anyone else had these problems?

thanks,

2. richjthorpe

richjthorpe
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Call SharpServ for both problems. The first sounds like a power problem (Others have had this) and the second should just be a replacement fan.

Richie.

3. Bluud

Bluud

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    the power thing hasnt happened again. It happened twice on the first day, once on the second and none since (after extended use) so I'm hoping it has stopped happening.

About the fan... is it possible for me to fit their replacement fan? or do they need to take the tv away and replace it themselves? The noise is only very slight so not worth replacing the TV or anything. But probably worth doing if I can just do it myself in 10 mins.

thanks,

B

4. richjthorpe

richjthorpe
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I wouldn't replace the fan as it will invalidate the warranty. Give SharpServ a call, I think it's something they can do on site along with the power supply.

Richie.

5. Bluud

Bluud

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    oh, they can do it onsite! Superb. Thanks for your help.