1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sharp 26 GA3 and XBox

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs' started by steigy, Apr 23, 2005.

1. steigy

steigy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Am considering buying a 26" Sharp GA3 for my study and linking an xbox direct to it to act a games console and DVD player. I have no need for other sources to be connected. I have been reading some of the forums and have concerns that the Sharp panel is not the good for connecting consoles.

I would appreciate some views on this.

I will connect the XBox direct to the TV and would prefer a component connection, (have a Ixos XBox - component cable) but notice there is no optical or coax output on this panel. How is the sound connected as I cant see many phono connections. I have read on forums there is a 3.5" input next to DVI input but will this produce sound for the component connection.

Any assistance on this would be appreciated.

Finally I know I am lucky to have found a 26" Sharp panel that is not the inferior GA5 model but to be honest I am in no hurry to purchase. I can get it for £999 but am I better to wait for new models coming soon. As it is just for the study should I bite the bullet now or wait for a potentially better model but more than likely have to pay more money for it. If I do wait any ideas on when the new models will be out.

Thanks again

2. steigy

steigy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    any chance of an update from someone out there. Basically are Xbox graphics on Sharp panels OK. Are there issues with 16ms response times. Any feedback to this and other questions would be much appreciated

3. peahead

peahead

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +270
    dont worry mate that tv will be fine with the xbox sharp are known for very good lcd screens just search this forum for info on them as you say your very lucky to find one id snapit up in a jiffy if i didnt already have a lcd screen. :thumbsup:

4. Brim1863

Brim1863

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +28
    I'm not sure, but I think you need the Hi Def AV pack and a modded or Ntsc xbox to get 480/720p and not just standard component cables?

It looks fantastic on my LC26GA5, far better than a CRT....

5. peahead

peahead

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +270
    He doesnt say if his xbox is chipped or not but if it is not he can still use the ixos component leads he will just get 480interlaced and not progressive.

6. steigy

steigy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    tahnks guys. will buy tomorrow