Sharkoons - Another quick question!

Kevola

Standard Member
I know there have been many threads about these, sorry about that. I have finally convinced my better half that it would be a great idea to purchase me a pair! :smashin: What I'm looking for is a link to get the newest version of them.

Thanks in advance.

meweavy

theyre great headphones,but crap on blops.because the sound is defunct in the game.

Det

Distinguished Member
I've heard Play or Amazon is the best place to get them for you guys. I got mine through Amazon over here.

Just make sure they are v3 (the top link should bring you to them)

Kevola

Standard Member
I've heard Play or Amazon is the best place to get them for you guys. I got mine through Amazon over here.

Just make sure they are v3 (the top link should bring you to them)

I have checked Amazon, but couldn't tell if they were v3's or not. Dont wanna play that sort of money for older ones.

nickGT

Novice Member
I will quickly jack this thread if thats ok.

I plugged mine in last night quickly but didnt get any sound out of them.

Just to quickly confirm I run :

optical from scu to ps3.

usb from scu to front of ps3.

power and 9 point was hooked up fine.

Do i need to change any of the settings to get the sound coming through the headphones?

Hillskill

Moderator/Games Reviewer
You defo need to ensure that optical is set to output in the sound settings.

Det

Distinguished Member
Yes, click on sound settings, then go to Optical, press right on the D-pad, then click the top one, then press right again, then push X and you're done.

nickGT

Novice Member
Thanks, I will give it a go later.

The kitten has been eating the optical cable but hopefully that hasn't ruined it.

Det

Distinguished Member
They are like 3 bucks at an AV shop. Probably 2 pounds or whatever there.

meweavy

Thanks to the replys, going with the link in the above thread and getting them now. Cant wait! :clap:

Mods please feel free to close this thread any time.

Ta
wise choice.you wont regret it.as soon as the sound is sorted on blops they will sound excellent on that too.

im looking forwards to dead space 2 next year,i think with this headphones on then dead space will be creepy as hell.they are a must for fps though.

ps3boy

Novice Member
Thanks to the replys, going with the link in the above thread and getting them now. Cant wait! :clap:

Mods please feel free to close this thread any time.

Ta

Re your sound problem (if youve not sorted it already), sometimes (depending on when they get turned on I think i.e. before or after the ps3) I get no sound initialy (although Ive not had this for a while) all I had to do was push the volume control up or down once on the headphone unit and the sound would be back on :smashin:

Det

Distinguished Member
The problem is I will buy a new one and she will just eat that also. Need a soloution to make her stop.
Have you tried a good kick to the stomach?

Jk

nickGT

Novice Member
I just got some special spray to put on the wires. Hopefully that should work.

I must admit though I feel like a bit of a mug spending £110 on headphones that aren't worth a damn with this crappy sound.

Det

Distinguished Member
Watch an awesome movie with great sound with them on (just take off the mic) and you will still be happy you bought them. It's like you're in the movie!

meweavy

I just got some special spray to put on the wires. Hopefully that should work.

I must admit though I feel like a bit of a mug spending £110 on headphones that aren't worth a damn with this crappy sound.

there are some good games to use with these headphones.

dead space 2 when it is out will be amazing to play with them on.

Det

Distinguished Member
and previous CoD titles :smashin:
Fo sho!

Oh, and when you guys get your headsets, please don't be one of those Dbags that are all googoo over their new headset and talking just for the sake of talking or saying things like "How did he just kill me?" and "The bloody dude spawned right behind me" as well as "Why does the RC-XD always come for me?"

I mute people that talk nonsense like that.

Last edited:

nickGT

Novice Member
Fo sho!

Oh, and when you guys get your headsets, please don't be one of those Dbags that are all googoo over their new headset and talking just for the sake of talking or saying things like "How did he just kill me?" and "The bloody dude spawned right behind me" as well as "Why does the RC-XD always come for me?"

I am fully trained in headset etiquette :)

TheRobotman

Distinguished Member
Fo sho!

:rolleyes:

and guess what arrived on my doormatt this very morning?? :D

sound whore here we come :smashin:

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Q Acoustics Q3030i, Humax Aura, Roku Streambar & WandaVision Reviews and more...

Latest News

AVForums Podcast: 27th January 2021
  • By Phil Hinton
  • Published
Philips introduces new 9206 and 8506 LED Android TVs for 2021
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Philips unveils 9636 and 9506 MiniLED TVs
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Philips announces 806, 856 and 706 OLED TVs for 2021
  • By Andy Bassett