Sharkoon X-tatic5.1 Headphone with Xbox 360 and Xbox Live Review

Discussion in 'Xbox Forums' started by MMalik81, Dec 18, 2006.

1. MMalik81

MMalik81

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +25
    Today i recieved my new Sharkoon X-Tatic 5.1 dolby digital surround headphone. the first thing i said when i connected everything and started playing TDU was WOW. Its super amazing, the clarity of the sound, passing by the cars next to you feels just like real. you can even hear the sound coming from behind from the car thats chasing you. The growl of the engine in the Z06 was amazing. you can clearly hear the sound of the plane passing above you.

I then connected the mic, went in to game options and lowered the sound from the game it self, and then went to xbox setting and raised the xbox live volume to the max, its fully compatible and you can hear the voices of others clearly. Havent tried it online yet with anyother game than TDU.

I tested 2 other games, COD3 and GOW. i was amazed even more in COD3 than all of them, you can actually hear the sound of the bullets passing next to your head right side or left side of your head. i jumped out of my seat couple of time.

Its a very high quality headphones which is heavy when heald in hands but once its on, you dont feel the weight at all. It comes with a detachable microphone which you plug the wire to the xbox controller to be able to chat with others. Comes with all sort of cables (including an optical cable that fits in the xbox 360 perfectly) which i dont even know what all of those are used for.

I ADVICE you to buy one if you cant have have your surround system volume high all the time especially at night.

I bought it from the website below, they sent it by DHL and it was with the courier company that import my items to Bahrain within 2 days and i chose the cheapest shipping method. It was packed very well and well worth it for a total of 78GBP.

http://www.headphoneworld.com/product_details.php?item_id=180&category_name=Full Size

All in all i give it 9/10 as nothing beats an expensive top notch true surround system (those will cost over 500GBP) but this gives you a great surround experience that you will admire and fall in love with and probably will stay with you for a very long time.

2. Tetlee

Tetlee
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,821
    Good review Mmalik81:smashin: Happy to hear you're chuffed with them too;)

3. Br0ken

Br0ken

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,314
    Ace, glad youre happy with your purchase. I had no idea you could get surround sound from headphones! Gotta love technology!! I bet they're really useful at 4am when the family is sleeping and you can't have 5.1 speakers on loud lol :)

4. MMalik81

MMalik81

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +25
    i bought it specially for night time gaming as i play most of the time at night. I was abit worried that i will be disappointed but i am very much happy with it after having played with the setting here and there.

you can control the volume of rear speakers, centre speakers and front speakers each to its own volume. it got also nice base and vibration sound.

my wife was happy too not to hear sound of cars or bullets all day long while she's in home. :)

5. Br0ken

Br0ken

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,314
    You should of just bought your wife some ear plugs, would have been cheaper lol

6. MMalik81

MMalik81

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +25
    LOL i guess she would throw the 360, the tv, and me out of home if i did buy her ear plugs

7. jonwood10

jonwood10

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +26
    I can go one better than that! My girlfriend got hold of her own ear plugs!!!:smashin:

She had only just recovered from call of duty 2 when 3 came out, not really loving the surround sound on while she tryes to plan kids lessons for the next week (shes a primary school teacher). :eek:

8. MMalik81

MMalik81

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +25
    she's a keeper, anyways why do girls hate xbox 360.

9. Jonkey

Jonkey
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the review Malik, just what I wanted to hear, Xmas can't come soon enough now! :clap:

10. MMalik81

MMalik81

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +25
    get it, you wont be disappointed. its a wonderful peace of technology.

Today i spent over 5 hours playing TDU, the first time i spent so much time on this game only due to the wonderful sounds i am hearing and to the sound of the Corvette Z06. I really like this car, my friend owns one but the C5 Z06 and its tuned but not heavily and man it just makes me ***** my pants when i am with him and he floors the pedal. Crazy car.

11. maguirex

maguirex
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Thinking of getting this so that the girlfriend doesn't kill me in my sleep, or worse damage my 360!

How does it connect to the 360. Does it have to be via optical or is there another option so I dont have to keep unpluging my surround sound system.

12. Monkeyboylee

Monkeyboylee

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +21
    Just ordered one as I'm expecting some late nights over Christmas!

Wahey

13. Deputy Dawg UK

Deputy Dawg UK

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +58
    I bought these from Amazon having read the reviews on here:-

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sharkoon-X-...a_1/202-0415363-6242233?ie=UTF8&s=electronics

All I will say is this...If you have issues with playing games loud at night these are perfect...I have just splashed out on the Pioneer system which is great when the Missus isn't in, but during the night the headphones are terrific.

They attach via optical and the sound is terrific there is a microphone which is detachable and when used to chat on X box live the clarity is A1...You can control viabration, speakers , bass, etc from a small controller on the lead which makes it easy to get the perfect sound

Bit expensive but if you like loud gaming late at night when kids are asleep and the Missus is trying to watch whatever... get a set....

14. Deputy Dawg UK

Deputy Dawg UK

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +58
    A quick question to whoever has a set of these awsome headphones....

When on Xbox live and private chatting although noone else hears me I can continually hear everyone else speaking over the voice of the person I am privately chatting with...Does anyone know how to stop this ???

I have to say this is the only thing wrong with these babies...It is infuriating though those bloody Yanks!!!!!!:lease: :lease:

15. Scarylion

Scarylion

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Another question here... whats the best settings you find for gaming? just got mine today and im not sure, voices and stuff seem a bit echoey and just cant seem to find the right balance, if you know what I meen.

16. Deputy Dawg UK

Deputy Dawg UK

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +58
    It's difficult to say, i think it is just a bit of trial and error...it would be interesting if anyonne on here could give the settings they are using though