Sharkoon X-Tatic 5.1 v3 - Does it rumble?

You, Robot

Standard Member
Hi guys,

Well, the question's in the title. From researching headphones I settled on the Sharkoons partly because of the rumble feature.

My v3s arrived today, and I am very impressed with them, but am just a little disappointed by the lack of vibration. I've watched bits of dark, sinister films, I've thrown grenades practically to my feet in GoW, and I've tried some mp3 bass tests. I just can't seem to notice any more vibration than you would expect from a subwoofer at max volume.

I have searched all over the equipment for some overlooked button or dial, but cannot find anything relating to the vibration volume.

Did they remove the vibration feature in v3? If not, could you tell me specifically what buttons control it?

Thanks

rousetafarian

Hi guys,

Well, the question's in the title. From researching headphones I settled on the Sharkoons partly because of the rumble feature.

My v3s arrived today, and I am very impressed with them, but am just a little disappointed by the lack of vibration. I've watched bits of dark, sinister films, I've thrown grenades practically to my feet in GoW, and I've tried some mp3 bass tests. I just can't seem to notice any more vibration than you would expect from a subwoofer at max volume.

I have searched all over the equipment for some overlooked button or dial, but cannot find anything relating to the vibration volume.

Did they remove the vibration feature in v3? If not, could you tell me specifically what buttons control it?

Thanks

Hi,

I bought and promptly sold this model from Scan for use with my PS3, as although the overall 5.1 effect was very good with particularly impressive bass the 'rumble' effect you want was somewhat lacking (if actually present at all).

(Actually, I cannot honestly remember whether they were billed as having a rumble 'effect' or not)

The reason for selling btw was the claustrophobic effect I found by having multiple speakers so close to my lug-holes.

Probably not much help, but there you go. :rolleyes:

Rousey
Cheers

You, Robot

Standard Member
CRROUSE0472,

I notice now that scan doesn't list a rumble feature... and neither does the Sharkoon website.

When researching before purchasing I couldn't find anything regarding the difference between v2 and v3. As the v3s are more expensive than the v2s, I assumed there would be added features, not a key one taken away.

Well at least I'm not going crazy in not being able to feel any vibration, unless you're crazy as well lol.

Any other v3 owners who can confirm for or against the rumble feature? I'm still hoping that I'm doing something wrong... but I think I know deep down that they won't vibrate

The latest video from AVForums

LG G3 MLA OLED Evo Best Picture Settings - works for ALL 2023 LG OLEDs
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Back
Top Bottom