Sharkoon 5:1 optical headphones & PS3 - Mic issue

Wingsurfer

Help please folks. I've worked out that loading Guitar Hero: Metallica with these:
4044951008681 - Sharkoon X-TATIC v3 5.1 Dolby Digital® Headphones & mic, PC/XBOX/PS3 + Control Box (*USB Mic PS3/PC) - Scan.co.uk
somehow disables the mic. Playing Call of duty all is fine, can talk to people & they can talk to me. Then I thought I'd try the vocalist career on GH but there was just no mic input at all. Exited the game & went to the voice changer, again no mic input. Re-booted PS3 & mic is working again, all stays fine untill I load GH, as soon as I do.......yep you guessed & the only way I can find to reactivate the mic is by a reboot of the PS3.

Any suggestions? If it's not possible to use the mic with this game can anyone suggest a way of keeping it active so I dont need to reboot when I want to switch to a different game?

goldwater666

Try unplugging the USB for the mic before launching GH (I presume the phones will still give the optical sound), then plug back in afterwards?

Not a solution....more of a "work around":rolleyes:

Wingsurfer

Try unplugging the USB for the mic before launching GH (I presume the phones will still give the optical sound), then plug back in afterwards?

Not a solution....more of a "work around":rolleyes:

According to our IT dept a work around & a solution are exactly the same :rolleyes::rotfl:

Thanks matey, isn't it funny how you always overlook the really really easy things :rotfl:

Big kudos to anyone who can now tell me how I'm going to be able to use the mic in the game :lease::D

goldwater666

According to our IT dept a work around & a solution are exactly the same :rolleyes::rotfl:

Thanks matey, isn't it funny how you always overlook the really really easy things :rotfl:

Big kudos to anyone who can now tell me how I'm going to be able to use the mic in the game :lease::D

another "obvious" one......is there an in game setting to use a USB mic?

I would have presumed - wrongly as it appears - that it would use the system default, in this case the USB mic:rolleyes:

Wingsurfer

Not that I've seen but I will have another look. I did forgot to try your workaround last night :rolleyes: I'll let you know when I've been able to

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom