1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sharing Speakers?

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by fishbib, Mar 6, 2005.

1. fishbib

fishbib

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    :eek:

Due to space limitations in my old house and thinking that it was a good idea at the time, I bought a philips TV with built in subwoofer, centre speaker and wireless rear speakers. Okay, you can stop laughing now...

The rear speakers have always been the problem as they buzz - mainly due to the transformer in them I guess (I know its not interference).

I'm saving up to replace the whole ghastly setup, but in the meantime wondered if I could share my hifi speakers with the tv - obviously I wouldn't wire the tv and stereo both together to the speakers!

Philips provided the terminals for the rear speakers to be wired from the tv - perhaps they knew it was awful too! Does anyone know where you can get a speaker input selector type box?

Any other suggestions welcome too!! (so long as you don't tell me I'm an idiot for buying philips :) )

Thanks

2. Reiner

Reiner

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    Did you check if the TV has an analog line-level outputs for audio (RCA/phono connectors)? Then you could use that to connect to your stereo ...

3. fishbib

fishbib

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    That worked a treat. Thanks Reiner!