Sharing Speakers?

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by fishbib, Mar 6, 2005.

1. fishbib

fishbib

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    :eek:

Due to space limitations in my old house and thinking that it was a good idea at the time, I bought a philips TV with built in subwoofer, centre speaker and wireless rear speakers. Okay, you can stop laughing now...

The rear speakers have always been the problem as they buzz - mainly due to the transformer in them I guess (I know its not interference).

I'm saving up to replace the whole ghastly setup, but in the meantime wondered if I could share my hifi speakers with the tv - obviously I wouldn't wire the tv and stereo both together to the speakers!

Philips provided the terminals for the rear speakers to be wired from the tv - perhaps they knew it was awful too! Does anyone know where you can get a speaker input selector type box?

Any other suggestions welcome too!! (so long as you don't tell me I'm an idiot for buying philips :) )

Thanks

2. Reiner

Reiner

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    Did you check if the TV has an analog line-level outputs for audio (RCA/phono connectors)? Then you could use that to connect to your stereo ...

3. fishbib

fishbib

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    That worked a treat. Thanks Reiner!