1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sharing single pc/hdtv 15 pin input?

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs' started by GJD, Nov 25, 2004.

1. GJD

GJD
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Hi Folks. Just got myself a Philips 170T4FS 17" LCD TV/Monitor. It has a single 15 pin input for either a PC input or a HDTV/Hi-Def input (via a supplied 15pin to component cable). What's the quickest and cheapest way of sharing this input? I don't want to have to keep swapping the cable (which terminates at the back of the TV) every time I want to switch from my XBOX (via the 15 pin to component cable) to my pc input (via the standard 15 pin to 15 pin cable). I may also want to use the component connection for a DVD player too ats ome point, so I don't know if there is a 3 way 15 pin splitter cable/box available either, which will let me have all 3 connected.

The set has no SCARTS and ideally I'd rather not use the SVGA or AV inputs for any of my kit as the picture quality is obviously compromised.

Any help gratefully received!

2. net_team1

net_team1
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
  3. GJD

GJD
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Thanks for that.. I was thinking along those lines. Not sure whether it will cope with the hi def side of things.. although the resolution seems up to it. I wonder whether there is just a video splitter cable / box as I don't need to share the keyboard / mouse side of things..

4. net_team1

net_team1
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
  5. GJD

GJD
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Anyone else have any ideas on this? To keep costs down I was thinking about buying a f/f gender changer for the svga cable (so I can hang the svga to component cable of the end of that. I'm worried this will degrade picture quality though..