1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sharing a RGB cable

Discussion in 'Cables & Switches' started by graeme04, Sep 5, 2004.

1. graeme04

graeme04

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +16
    I am a little lost in the world of cables, I have looked around but can't seem to find what I am looking for, even if it exists.

I have Sky+ and it is connected to my TV using scart, no problems at all. Now I wish to purchase a DVD recorder, it supports RGB and has a loop though feature, so I could then connect Sky+ to the DVD recorder and then connect that to the TV - so I can record in RGB and also watch Sky normally on the TV.

But, to use the loop though you have to press a button to active it each time, this isn't a problem for me, but for everyone else in the house they won't like that.

So I am wondering if there is a way of sharing a scart cable - so basically I am looking for a scart cable I can connect to Sky+ and that then can be connected to both my TV and DVD Recorder at the same time, so in other words I am sharing the signal.

Thank you in advance :)

2. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,215
    erm not great idea for quality and having both on screws signal and picture completely

3. r4nd0m

r4nd0m

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

A auto RGB switcher would seem the best bet (theres a range called Trilogy), you could send the SKY+ TV out to 1 input and the DVDR's TV out to another, then connect the VCR out from the SKY+ to the record input of the DVDR thus allowing the high quality RGB signal to go to the TV whilst sending a normal video signal to the recorder.

r4nd0m

hope this helps

4. Joe Fernand

Joe Fernand
    Distinguished Member AVForums Sponsor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,522
    graeme04

If the TV has an S-Video Input why not use that as your SKY+ 'family' input - and keep RGB via the DVR for 'big daddy'.

Best regards

Joe