Share your DJI Mavic Pro videos here

I have loads of footage, just need some time to edit & I will upload. Love the Mavic, just ordered the Inspire 2 as well

well so far i've spent about 4 hours trying to edit a 9 min video to under 5 and flattened all the batteries :D

atm i think it's 16% uploading to youtube so please be patient guys and if i can find it, albeit it's a bit boring, i'll post it up :smashin:

well so far i've spent about 4 hours trying to edit a 9 min video to under 5 and flattened all the batteries :D

atm i think it's 16% uploading to youtube so please be patient guys and if i can find it, albeit it's a bit boring, i'll post it up :smashin:

Post a link to your YouTube channel Allan

Post a link to your YouTube channel Allan

Try this Andy

now i've no idea what's happened but the video quality looks garbage, i've edited it in the DJI app to make it shorter and add the music then uploaded it to youtube via their app

any ideas guys

now i've no idea what's happened but the video quality looks garbage, i've edited it in the DJI app to make it shorter and add the music then uploaded it to youtube via their app

any ideas guys

It doesn't look like it's in focus to me, I had the same issue with my Mavic as it didn't seem to focus itself unless I told it to by tapping on the screen or pressing the left customisable button on the back of the controller. You can tell if it's going to autofocus itself as it will show the green AF box on the screen when you start otherwise you need to make sure you do it yourself.

John

no it's def in focus John, when i look on the dji app on the iphone it looks awesome, i can see so much detail, as soon as i upload it the resolution looks really poor

can you see what res it's in on you tube for me please

I always found Vimeo much better for uploads etc.

no it's def in focus John, when i look on the dji app on the iphone it looks awesome, i can see so much detail, as soon as i upload it the resolution looks really poor

can you see what res it's in on you tube for me please

Max resolution is 1080p60 on that Youtube video.

Looks OK to me Al, sometimes youtube takes a while to upload to full res. Anyway brave first flight over water!

i'm uploading actually the first video where i had to go up between the trees at home :eek:, you see as i turned left looking at the church i heard a real helicopter and thought i was gonna be gunned down lol

i thought i'd better press the home button which is when it went up but safely landed more or less where it set off from off the same patio flag, impressive but i should have lifted the camera gimble on landing

Here you go

If I can I'd like to do a full fly round the house soon but the trees don't make it easy although I'll have to do it before the leaves grow back again

Tempted by the Mavic to add to the collection, camera looks a bit average for the money but the portability looks great. May just hit the button.
Will say though please beware people with these so called 'toys'. Been flying these for years and there are a whole bunch of LAWs around UAV. If you have a camera on board then even more to consider. Just bare in mind... they DO go wrong and can simply drop out of the sky.. just think about what you might hit. Just saying. [emoji106]
Allan, be good to have a chat about the screen I mailed you about earlier in the week tomorrow:)

Last edited:
get in touch before 2pm if you can as i got a demo from then on

Allan :smashin:

i've got my mobile with me and back tomorrow after 12 if it's easier for you:thumbsup:

@Ideal AV Did you get the memory card and adapter sorted?

they arrived today SJ

can anyone offer any advice on how to use I Movies, any tips on how to merge different files, maybe fade in/out and add text and music

any help is appreciated

Allan

I'm enjoying the Mavic a lot more than I thought it would be and the size is a bigger bonus than I expected, it's great being able to take it with me out on a dog walk so I can take it up in wide open areas with no-one about. I need to spend more time practicing flying it though as I'm finding it more difficult to get the hang of than I thought I would, I tried changing to a more FPS style control scheme but that felt even more confusing. I've managed to get a second battery so can spend more time practicing with it.

DJI_0055-L.jpg

DJI_0051-L.jpg

DJI_0002-L.jpg

DJI_0022-L.jpg

Last edited:
Here you go

If I can I'd like to do a full fly round the house soon but the trees don't make it easy although I'll have to do it before the leaves grow back again

Allan do you see the moiré artefacting of the fence at 1:45?
That's a known artefact of the Mavic Pro at 1080p 60fps. Best avoid that combination.

Here's a test at 2160p 24fps of the D-Log with the Rec709 Lut applied.

Got the official DJI ND filters arriving Monday for a test. Aiming for 2160 24 with a shutter speed of 50.

Allan do you see the moiré artefacting of the fence at 1:45?
That's a known artefact of the Mavic Pro at 1080p 60fps. Best avoid that combination.

Here's a test at 2160p 24fps of the D-Log with the Rec709 Lut applied.

Got the official DJI ND filters arriving Monday for a test. Aiming for 2160 24 with a shutter speed of 50.

i certainly can see the moire' artifacts Stuart, its a bit of a steep learning curve for me if i'm honest so any help on camera settings would be greatly appreciated, i've been learning to do flyrounds today using the active track to see if it works or not, it did but the resultant albeit short video was quite stuttery so not sure whats going on their

Allan

I can help with the camera settings if needed Allan

Try these from YouTube

Happy to talk over the phone as well if needed.

Last edited:
I can help with the camera settings if needed Allan

yes please Andy, see i've never been a camera buff apart from the odd point n shoot Sony handicam or iphone so its a new to me

i've just watched a youtube setup video and as far as i could tell it was set to 1080p but 60 fps, its now as 24 fps so hopefully if i can shoot the similar video and have a look then all being well it'll be better but any pointers Andy are very much appreciated

the flyaround me video was rubbish tbh :(

The videos I posted are really good, I shoot in 2.7k 24fps.

I'm free all weekend if you want to chat

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom