Share your DJI Mavic Pro videos here

i'll be going over to Mike's place hopefully thursday, he's got about 100 acres overlooking South Yorkshire and Derbyshire to play with :thumbsup:

i'll be going over to Mike's place hopefully thursday, he's got about 100 acres overlooking South Yorkshire and Derbyshire to play with :thumbsup:

See how good your eyes are [emoji16]

I'm still waiting for my Mavic, ordered it almost two weeks ago when they were meant to be in stock on the DJI site. It was finally dispatched at the weekend but went missing although I'm relieved to see it's reappeared on tracking, it's gone the wrong place but hoping it gets on the right way soon.

John

i was lucky, Mike who is a commercial drone flyer put me in touch with an associate of his who had stock as of yesterday so i snapped one up :smashin:

i've gone for the combo kit with 3 batteries, spare props and all the bits n bobs. I'm planning on going to Mikes thursday as he says their is a setup procedure to go through before flying, can't wait now

Big boys toys :D

What did it cost you for the bundle?

£1359 Kieron
I'll buy it off you for half price in 4 months time Al, expect it to have only flown a handful of times by then ;)

they are more than what i've paid Neil when in stock ;)

My Mavic is still on its leisurely tour of the UK so instead of having it for the week I was off if it had been within the promised delivery window I'm back to work tomorrow :mad:

Edit: finally here, I misread the instructions and thought the micro USB cable was optional but then realised it was a the reverse cable that was optional so all fine to work with my phone. Just charging the battery now.

Last edited:
I misunderstood the fly more pack, I thought it was just one extra battery rather than two? Since I wasn't fussed about the backpack so I left it, I guess I should try flying it a bit first before worrying about batteries.

mine has just arrived :clap:
Don't forget to take a spotter with you Al when flying, if your eye's are anything like your hips its going to disappear over the horizon :D:D

Seriously looking forward to you feedback on this :smashin:

Don't forget to take a spotter with you Al when flying, if your eye's are anything like your hips its going to disappear over the horizon :D:D

Seriously looking forward to you feedback on this :smashin:

believe it Neil when i say its not my hips but my knee, i think it exploded last night and i'm hobbling about all over :( :D

i've just managed to charge everything up and now going to register it then activate it, props off for this bit as i don't want it hurtling up into the ceiling :eek:

I got my Mavic all paired up no issue last night and would recommend watching some of the videos that come with the app, in particular the ten common mistakes some of which is just common sense but still reassuring after thinking how much the little drone would cost me if something went wrong.

I couldn't take it a proper test flight but gave it a little go and it worked perfectly, it got its gps lock quickly and took off without issue plus it did a good job holding stable. I particularly like the landing system, when you tell it to go down it stops once it reaches a minimum height and then you have to give it a second down command at which point it does an automated landing, gently descending and stopping.

I have a couple of questions, there's the camera cover and the gimbal clamp (the bit that sits at the back between the camera and the drone). I initially thought the clamp was just for shipping but should it be kept there when there as well when the drone isn't in use?

Also what devices are people using with the remote control and how well are they working? I'm using a Note 4 but it's misbehaving a bit so I'm toying with buying a device specifically to use with the Mavic. I have a Sony Z Ultra which would be ideal but the USB port is in completely the wrong place.

Edit: Ok, to answer a couple of my own questions it looks like DJI recommend leaving the Gimbal clamp on when moving it. Also I hadn't realised there's a standard USB port on the underside of the remote control that you can use instead of the one on the side so I've managed to fit the Z Ultra with the USB port on its side. Although annoyingly the power button is on the opposite side but the Z Ultra's 6.44in screen seems like a good size for the Mavic.

John

Last edited:
i've just managed to charge everything up and now going to register it then activate it, props off for this bit as i don't want it hurtling up into the ceiling :eek:
So have you had chance to fly it yet Al?

So have you had chance to fly it yet Al?

i have mate , I went to Mikes on friday to have a wiz round his vast open space but bloody hell it was bloody freezing :D

i'm hoping to have a fly around my house today and maybe do some ariel footage but it's a bit overcast if i'm honest but i need to get some practise in

Yesterday i went with Martin to Keith Barnes new place, which is awesome btw, hoping to fly around his house but it's surrounded with trees so didn't bother

fingers crossed i'll get some video soon and post it up.

Al :smashin:

More videos required folks!

As the moderator of the drone forum I'm hoping @Stuart Wright is going to send me one to test ;)

Very impressed. On this year's "to buy" list.

Latest video on the bike through the Trough of Bowland
Really like that video. Did you have help to record it or was it all done with the tracking modes?

well i've just ordered the Mavic pro combo which will be here wednesday all being well :clap:
I ordered mine three months ago and it only arrived last Wednesday. Still learning to control it properly. Very different to flying fixed wing models.

Really like that video. Did you have help to record it or was it all done with the tracking modes?
No help, all done using Active track. The main reason I got the Mavic so I can take and film on my own.

I ordered mine three months ago and it only arrived last Wednesday. Still learning to control it properly. Very different to flying fixed wing models.

i last flew fixed wing 45 years ago with a Super 60 so very rusty but i'm finding the Mavic very easy to fly, i got back from ISE late friday night and have been in bed since with a very bad flu so no flying this weekend unfortunately :(

i did get some footage last sunday afternoon so when i work out how to post it i will :smashin:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom