1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Share Blueyonder cable?

Discussion in 'Virgin Media Broadband' started by nrishiraj, Mar 31, 2005.

1. nrishiraj

nrishiraj

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Everyone.

I have just joined the forums and must say it's very comprehensive and informative.

I'm not sure if this is the correct place to post this query, so please bare with me.

I currently have Telewest TV service, the main box is downstairs in the main living room. Can I possibly split the signal and share channels amongst different televisions in different rooms and watch different channels independently without having a cable box in each room? In other words can I tune into the frequencies of the channels and preset them to the tv and I don't want a what u see is what u get system.

Thanks.

2. rasb0

rasb0

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    In short, you can't do what propose with only 1 digi-box. You can certainly feed other TV's but you would only be able to watch what the digi-box is outputting, ie: one channel on all the TV's. You can split the feed before it enters the digi-box, which should enable you to tune each TV into BBC1 & 2, ITV, CH4 and 5, but then you'd probably do that with a normal aerial feed anyway, wouldn't you? And there are those purists who don't like you feeding the signal directly in to a TV because it can cause interferance back down the system. I think you'll need some sort of filter if you take the digi-box out of the loop.
    To watch different channels on different TV's you need a digi-box for each TV.
    Try here for more details and a dedicated Telewest/Ntl Cable Forum:

http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/

3. nrishiraj

nrishiraj

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have split the signal before it connects to the box, so one signal is at the back of my main cable box and the other is connected to my pc tv card. I have managed to pick up 2 cable channles (as well as channels 1-5), I've noticed I have about another 10 more cable channels including Sky Sports, Bravo, Trouble, TMF, etc...but these channels are not that clear, the audio is clear, but the picture is fuzzy. I reckon the reason this is happening is because my tv card is analoge and not digital.

How have I managed to pick up these channels without even having a box in my room?

4. rasb0

rasb0

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    I also receive some extra channels without a digi-box or even a subscription to ntl, but like you the sound is clear but the picture is encrypted. You need the digi-box to un-encrypt the picture, apart from Channels 1-5.