Shanksy7's budget set-up

Shanksy7

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone I thought I'd show my pic's of my low budget set-up. It's nowhere near as good as the efforts on here, but I think it shows what you can have on a really tight budget :D.

So here goes:

DSCF0142.jpg

the Black beast
DSCF0143.jpg

The Dreamcast :thumbsup:
DSCF0144.jpg

DSCF0145.jpg

On my god, the dust:D
DSCF0147.jpg

DSCF0146.jpg

A few movies
DSCF0150.jpg

All comments welcome

Last edited:
Thats far from being low budget. Alot of nice kit right there. A DVD player and an old CRT tv with be low budget. :rotfl:

One thing you should do though, get the PS3 out that small enclosed area:eek:, unless you like your expensive devices to overheat and die then keep it in there. :oops:

Thats far from being low budget. Alot of nice kit right there. A DVD player and an old CRT tv with be low budget. :rotfl:

One thing you should do though, get the PS3 out that small enclosed area:eek:, unless you like your expensive devices to overheat and die then keep it in there. :oops:

Thanks for your comment and the PS3 is actually alright in there. It hasn't overheated yet :rolleyes: and seems to get plenty of air when the door is open :thumbsup:

But a new unit is on the horizon so hopefully it'll get more space then :D

You have the same DAB adapter as I do.

Thanks for your comment and the PS3 is actually alright in there. It hasn't overheated yet :rolleyes: and seems to get plenty of air when the door is open :thumbsup:

But a new unit is on the horizon so hopefully it'll get more space then :D

Trust me, having your PS3 in there like that will cause it to overheat. I've heard horror stories of PS3's overheating in less cramped spaces. I really do suggest you place it else where, last thing you want is it too suddenly die on you.

btw, how much use does the HD-DVD player get? To be honest, if you have a PS3 I don't see much use for an obsolete HD-DVD player. I guess you can get the movies fairly cheap now though.

how much use does the HD-DVD player get? To be honest, if you have a PS3 I don't see much use for an obsolete HD-DVD player. I guess you can get the movies fairly cheap now though.

The HD DVD gets quite a lot of use actually. I've built up a decent collection of HD DVD from the fire sales and the other half seems to prefer using it as the main dvd player.

I'll keep in mind the issue with the PS3, but I have to say I haven't noticed it getting to hot when in use :smashin:

Nice little setup you got there mate! :thumbsup:

About the ps3 issue, I find it generally depends on how long you use it for. The good thing is, is that it doesn't heat up too quickly to cause a problem...but cos you spent loads on it I would probably find an open area to place it

As said before, it is far from low budget. You've got the same Harmony remote as I do, great little device.

As said before, it is far from low budget. You've got the same Harmony remote as I do, great little device.

If you knew the price I paid for everything you would know it's low budget :thumbsup::devil:
My point is that if you are on a tight budget and you search around anyone can have a decent set-up :clap:

As for the Harmony, I think its great and at the minute I don't think I need any of the higher end one's (that's not to say I don't want one :devil:)

Just changed my wii case. Now the proud owner of a black wii and black wiimote :clap:

100_3799.jpg

100_3798.jpg

100_3800.jpg

Just changed my wii case. Now the proud owner of a black wii and black wiimote :clap:

*images removed*

can i ask where you got the black from mate please ??

my 'white wii' looks odd next to all the black gear:D

looks smart, i like it bud:thumbsup:

Last edited by a moderator:
The black Wii looks cool. Can you reposition the front two speakers to get a better image and seperation? I love Yamaha amps too. Nice and musical.

The black Wii looks cool. Can you reposition the front two speakers to get a better image and seperation? I love Yamaha amps too. Nice and musical.

At the minute due to space restrictions I can't move them :( and yes I like the Yamaha too. It's my first proper amp and I'm well pleased with it :thumbsup:

owen021173, the wii case is called "Black Katana" and I got it off ebay. The wiimote case is also off ebay and it complements the wii perfectly

Hi I've updated the first post with new pic's :D

DSCF0137.jpg

Better picture of "The Green Glow" :rotfl:

DSCF0153.jpg

You've gone for the EP30 which is a personal fave of mine:thumbsup:. Great for cheap HD DVD's and a great upscaler, i've built a big film collection for next to nothing around the EP30 which cost me £70 new, been buying HD DVD and SD for less than £3 each for the past year, I can see you've been doing the same, good job:smashin:. Leon on DVD is a difficult film to get, but a great film it is.

You've gone for the EP30 which is a personal fave of mine:thumbsup:. Great for cheap HD DVD's and a great upscaler, i've built a big film collection for next to nothing around the EP30 which cost me £70 new, been buying HD DVD and SD for less than £3 each for the past year, I can see you've been doing the same, good job:smashin:. Leon on DVD is a difficult film to get, but a great film it is.

Yea the fire sales were great weren't they :rotfl: and I'm still picking up cheap HD DVD's :thumbsup:. Didn't realise Leon was hard to get it on DVD, I've had it ages now and I still don't think I've watched it :rolleyes:

Yea the fire sales were great weren't they :rotfl: and I'm still picking up cheap HD DVD's :thumbsup:. Didn't realise Leon was hard to get it on DVD, I've had it ages now and I still don't think I've watched it :rolleyes:

Leon is a great great film hence watch it immediately, it has a checkered history and you can only get it off ebay or a specialized retailer, they are going to re release it in September though on DVD and Blu Ray, I think it is the directors cut, i'm holding out for the Blu, I don't watch many Blu's but i'm get Leon on Blu Ray for the hell of it :thumbsup:.

http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/movies.php?id=2201&show=review

Last edited:
That black wii looks the dogs dangleys mate, where did you get it from??

It's a case called "Black Katana" and it comes with a red or green LED DVD bezel. As I had seen loads on youtube with the red I decided that I would have the green and I think it's much better :D

Have your kids given up the copy of MK yet ?:D Is that Wii of yours supercharged lol ? Looks lush ! You also look quite the gamer - so I can see my butt getting kicked later on if we sort it lol !

Nice job Shanksy.:thumbsup:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom