Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings (Zavvi Exclusive) (4K UHD/Blu-ray Steelbook)

RedDevil85

Distinguished Member
Purchase link: Zavvi

Release date: 15/11/2021

SCatLotTR.jpg

Attachments

• SCatLotTR (inside).jpg
    SCatLotTR (inside).jpg
    241.6 KB · Views: 67
  • SCatLotTR (back).jpg
    SCatLotTR (back).jpg
    257.1 KB · Views: 82
Last edited:

steve33shoreham

Thanks bud.

So RC subscribers get it 9 hours earlier than normal same, if you’re lucky enough to be up at midnight you’re all good.

Haven’t had a code work on a preorder for ages either.

justwayyouare

Just ordered without any dicount code and wonder it has the movie title on frontside of steelbook.
Anyway, they have great artworks on both steelbook and standard one.

lgans316

Distinguished Member
No thanks to boring artworks.

Garrett

Has the 4K steels gone up a fair bit. I looked at some of my past orders and was getting Endgame non 4K but 3D for £24.99 Ant-Man 2 3D £22.99 and Alita 4k+3D+Blu £29.99. This has no 3D just a 4K and is £32.99:eek:

movieman1866

Has the 4K steels gone up a fair bit. I looked at some of my past orders and was getting Endgame non 4K but 3D for £24.99 Ant-Man 2 3D £22.99 and Alita 4k+3D+Blu £29.99. This has no 3D just a 4K and is £32.99:eek:
Agree, the premium for a steelbook used to be £5 but Zavvi have bumped this up to £8 and sometimes even £10. HMV and Amazon still seem to have a £5 premium which I think is reasonable.
If the RC code works on a pre-order you then get it for the price it really should have been. Not really 10% off if they increase the price by 10%.
In case anyone brings up the price increase is because the artwork was done by an artist I've never heard of, I don't care. I either like or don't like the artwork, who did the artwork is of no interest to me and in my opinion doesn't justify a price increase.

RedDevil85

Distinguished Member

Not recently as far as new release 4K Marvels are concerned, they went up to £32.99 around the late 2017 pre-order for Thor: Ragnarok.

Garrett

Not recently as far as new release 4K Marvels are concerned, they went up to £32.99 around the late 2017 pre-order for Thor: Ragnarok.
You sure that's was actual price and not the reduced price they usually says the price, my 3D was £24.99 but it said it was reduced from £28.99. This has no reduced price on it.

May be comparing apples and pears but for £29 I got Aquaman 4K, 3D, Blu Ray and a CD soundtrack Steelbook in import 2? years after Ragnarock.

Garrett

Agree, the premium for a steelbook used to be £5 but Zavvi have bumped this up to £8 and sometimes even £10. HMV and Amazon still seem to have a £5 premium which I think is reasonable.
If the RC code works on a pre-order you then get it for the price it really should have been. Not really 10% off if they increase the price by 10%.
In case anyone brings up the price increase is because the artwork was done by an artist I've never heard of, I don't care. I either like or don't like the artwork, who did the artwork is of no interest to me and in my opinion doesn't justify a price increase.
Just looks like they got a picture and done some digital filtering.

RedDevil85

Distinguished Member
You sure that's was actual price and not the reduced price they usually says the price, my 3D was £24.99 but it said it was reduced from £28.99. This has no reduced price on it.

May be comparing apples and pears but for £29 I got Aquaman 4K, 3D, Blu Ray and a CD soundtrack Steelbook in import 2? years after Ragnarock.

Yes positive, specifically speaking about new release Marvel/Disney 4K steelbooks here, they went up to £32.99 (actual starting price, not RRP) years a go.

Rob F1UK

First Marvel 4K steelbook was Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2, released in September 2017 - that was was priced at £32.99 and has set the trend since (so no price increases since their introduction just over 4 years ago).

hippo99

Distinguished Member
First Marvel 4K steelbook was Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2, released in September 2017 - that was was priced at £32.99 and has set the trend since (so no price increases since their introduction just over 4 years ago).
Yep, looks to be the same price since the beginning

steve33shoreham

Just been charged for this, as they still have stock i should have cancelled and reordered with the discount.

I wonder if it being available on streaming has hit physical media sales and a sign of things to come!

darren68uk

Ive been charged too, lets hope my JP 3D one gets despatched soon as well :)

steve33shoreham

darren68uk

mine turned up today with one from the other side !!!
wont be watching it thou, till the 3D disc turns up

Attachments

• IMG_6390.jpg
    IMG_6390.jpg
    566.3 KB · Views: 65

F3nriz

Nice to see some de-bosing for a change

steve33shoreham

The version presented in IMAX aspect ratio :p
(although it’s very likely to only have Japanese subtitles for the many scenes that have forced subs)

I'm just kidding, i liked 3D!

But to be honest it felt like the 3d scenes were forced for the purpose of 3d, like a spear being chucked directly at you, rather than the whole film being an immersive experience.

Anyway, no Marvel Internals steelbook been announced yet? I miss the days waiting up until midnight on the cinema release day!

The latest video from AVForums

Sony Bravia XR A80J OLED TV Review
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Latest News

Audio Pro expands C10 MkII speaker range with new colours
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
BBC licence fee to be scrapped in 2027
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
What's new on Netflix UK for February 2022
  • By Andy Bassett