Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings 4K UHD

RedDevil85

Outstanding Member
Reaction score
Links: Amazon.co.uk - HMV - Zavvi

Release date: 15/11/2021

SC_4K.png

Steelbook thread: Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings (Zavvi Exclusive) (4K UHD/Blu-ray Steelbook)

Attachments

• SC_4K (back).jpg
    SC_4K (back).jpg
    459.5 KB · Views: 115
Last edited:
— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —
Is it likely to be released in the U.K. at the same time ?

Here's hoping that the disc has a 4K DI like Black Widow did. That was one of Marvel's best looking blu-rays in a long time. It would be pretty neat if it was presented in 1.90:1 like it was in IMAX showings, but I'm not gonna count on it.

It would be pretty neat if it was presented in 1.90:1 like it was in IMAX showings, but I'm not gonna count on it.
Almost certainly won’t. 1.90:1 IMAX scenes were limited to the 3D discs & this is unlikely to get a 3D release.
Also Infinity War & Endgame which were constant 1.90:1 throughout didn’t get it at all on disc, even on the 3D discs.

Was really hoping we’d have a UK pre-order by now. Didn’t get round to seeing this in the cinema so would be a first watch. Heard good things about it so looking forward to watching.

Was really hoping we’d have a UK pre-order by now. Didn’t get round to seeing this in the cinema so would be a first watch. Heard good things about it so looking forward to watching.
A listing recently went up in the U.S. on Best Buy, but it's now been pulled. Curiously, there wasn't a steelbook option. I sure hope there is one, because my MCU collection is all steelbooks.

A listing recently went up in the U.S. on Best Buy, but it's now been pulled. Curiously, there wasn't a steelbook option. I sure hope there is one, because my MCU collection is all steelbooks.
US 4K steelbook. Best Buy exclusive.
ShangChi-steelbook.jpg

UK release now confirmed.
OP updated with art/links/release date.

Three days after it's been dumped on Disney+

The local (Aus) release is on the 12th, so at least it’s same day!

Oddly it’s £20 at JB Hifi, and £30 at Amazon (who would usually be 50p+ cheaper than JB)

Almost certainly won’t. 1.90:1 IMAX scenes were limited to the 3D discs & this is unlikely to get a 3D release.
Also Infinity War & Endgame which were constant 1.90:1 throughout didn’t get it at all on disc, even on the 3D discs.
It's a shame because the transfers for Endgame and Infinity War is so disappointing for a film that was shot in a high res format.

i would soooo get the Japan release but as its almost 100% not going to include a subtitle stream for just the 'foreign' language scenes then I'll most likely pass on that price
Such a shame UK Disney/Marvel releases no longer have the 3D discs coming out

Best place to order this from now with a chance of getting delivered for weekend?

With D+, I'm more than happy to wait for a price drop for this like I did for Black Widow.

Oh how times have changed.

With D+ getting all the IMAX Marvel film versions, wonder if there will be any chance of them finally getting a UHD re-release?

With D+ getting all the IMAX Marvel film versions, wonder if there will be any chance of them finally getting a UHD re-release?
I doubt it-they’ll use it as an exclusive to get people to sign up to D+.

Didn't realise it was coming to Disney+ earlier than the disc release. Will that be free?

What audio will it be on there?

I saw the 4K/Blu-ray on a retailers shelf here in Australia today (official release date is this Friday), I might buy it tomorrow... Although I would like to see Black Widow first, I still haven't bought it.

Last edited:
Didn't realise it was coming to Disney+ earlier than the disc release. Will that be free?

What audio will it be on there?
Yes it will free to from November 12th, it should be Dolby Atmos for sound

Yes it will free to from November 12th, it should be Dolby Atmos for sound
Presumably it will be limited to DD+/Atmos like all other Atmos streaming, not TrueHD/Atmos that is on the disc.

disc arrived last week, watched it last night, better than black widow
2 post credit scenes

this is in the 2 for £15 quid at HMV if you can find something else to match with it. pretty decent price considering its a new release

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom