Shameful service from Techtronics

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by Theresa, Aug 16, 2002.

1. Theresa

Theresa

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    As I have recently become the proud owner of a Panasonic DVD Recorder, I placed an order on line for 3 X 9.4GB DVD RAM disks.

A package arrived yesterday with 1 x 4.7GB DVD RAM disk with a Delivery Note saying 'Full Delivery'. :mad:

I contacted them this morning to be told that 'they would investigate and oh yes my credit card has been card for the order of 3 x 9.4GB DVD RAM disks' and get this I must return the wrong disk to them BEFORE I can get the correct order and I have to pay the postage . I then have to put the proof of postage in a separate envelope for them to reimburse me............oh yeah and how will they do that?? Not to mention trekking to a post office to send recorded delivery (safest way they tell me).

This was my first order; I shall not be placing another one. Is this normal 'service' for Techtronics?

Theresa

2. Squirrel God

Squirrel God

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The first time I read your post, I thought they had sent you only 1 X 9.4GB disk. However, now I see that the one disk they sent you was of the wrong capacity anyway.

In such cases, it is quite common for retailers to ask you to return the wrong item by recorded delivery before they can send you the correct item. However, it is rather less common for them to expect you to pay the postage for this - usually your postage is later refunded (if it is their fault or it is a faulty item) so you should check this with them.

3. GrahamC

GrahamC

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +67
    I seems that this is usual, if you read up on the other postings for this company...

4. DaveP

DaveP

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Sorry to hear about your problems Theresa. How much did they charge for the disks?

The cheapest place I have found is http://www.srtl.co.uk/home.html#pricelist

They are TDK and work brilliantly in my DMR-20e.

DaveP

5. Theresa

Theresa

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    They have said they would refund the postage.

Dave,

Looking at that link you gave me it seems I was robbed. They were £19.00 each + VAT so that is about £22.00 :(

Graham,

We used to live in Morecambe. Have been in Luton for last 16 years.

I have since recieved a phone call from that, indicating that they would post me the correct ones before I return this incorrect one, but we shall see.

Theresa

6. junk

junk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    techtronics have the worst after service I've ever come across, very keen on taking your money but no help if you get a faulty dvd player from them. Mine still doesn't work right and they don't wanna know.A buch of ******s DON'T BUY ANYTHING FROM THEM!!!!!

7. codlord

codlord

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I also have had very poor service from Techtronics.

I ordered a plasma wall bracket from them, the web site stated thay had one in stock but this was apparently untrue. When it still had not arrived after 2 weeks I tried to get hold of them and they just kept fobbing me off saying "it will be with you shortly" etc - not even any apology.

Similar thing happened when I ordered a remote control.

I would probably not order from them again, good prices but very poor service.

8. Matthew Attoe

Matthew Attoe

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +11
    Good luck getting you money back from TechTronics.

I'm been waiting nearly 8 weeks for a refund of £445.32 for a dvd player i ordered.

Goes like this...

Ordered a silver sony ns900 from them and they sent a black player. told them and they said send it back and they'd send a silver. so sent it back and they then told me they had not silver players left. asked if i would like a refund or to wait for a silver one to come in to stock (dor which they had no eta). asked for refund. still not got one.

the matter is now in the hands of my credit card Dispute Procesing department.

I strongly recommend anyone with disputes regarding suppliers to hand the matter over to teir credit card company, as they are oblidged to handle the situation for you. In the small print of the credit card contract you signed it will state that"all goods are the property of XXXXXXXX credit card company until paid for in full" or words to that effect.

Anyway, good luck.

Matthew

9. johnson

johnson

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    Techtronics again!!

What a shocker!

10. pointon

pointon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Eh? I don't get it? Ain't this good service by Techtronic standards?

11. johnrm

johnrm

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Techtronics - Well, well. Don't you just love the reviews about themselves that they post on their own website! I wonder how many of them are true! Notice nothing bad is said about them... and maybe this is part of the reason...

My recent experience with Techtronics involved a series of enquiries regarding a Pioneer DV656A via email.

I had ordered the player, and then cancelled with a view to reordering, so as to avail of a VCR Mode cable at a reduced price.

At this time, there was an offer on their website which I queried as it did not specify non-UK residence (I live in Eire), and since then all email I send is bouncing back.

I was about to buy from them but they decided that my custom wasn't good enough.

Beware!

John Mangan

12. fama

fama
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    they should send you A PREPAID MAILER
    to return wrong items

13. Sgt.Colon

Sgt.Colon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Is this normal 'service' for Techtronics?

Had exactly the same problem with a digital coax lead. Ordered 5 meter one. Charged for a 5 meter one. They sent a 0.5 meter one. Returned (I paid the postage) Heard nothing for 2 weeks. Phoned them and they said replacement paperwork was going through. Told them it was taking to long and I want a refund. Awaiting credit card bill to come through to see if they have refunded me. I think they must have halfwits packing the stuff.

14. Markster

Markster

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The most shocking part of this thread is the fact there are people here who have bought from techtionics in the first place!!!!.
    Just do a search on google for techtronics!!!

15. paiger

paiger

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I bought my Sony player from then and it arrived promptly, was fully complete and works perfectly. Absolutely first class service was what I got. Personally I would recommend them to anyone as I know of several other satisfied customers.

Just thought I would add my experience.

Steve

16. fama

fama
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    to paiger
    without wishing to state the obvious
    the service you got was no more or less
    than should be the norm
    "first class service" would be sorting any
    customer queries or wrong deliveries promptly
    and in a fuss free manner

17. Squirrel God

Squirrel God

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Have to agree. I had no problems with my Techtronics purchase, but that's not a measure of how good their customer service is. The real test of any company is when something goes wrong. Many companies fall by the wayside here, including some very big names.

18. obiwan

obiwan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    I just bought RPTV from Techtronics.
    I have used them in the past for a multimodded Pioneer DVD player, a 717 costing 550ukp about 4 years ago.

The service then was OK. But then I had no problems.

I just pray I dont have problems with them now after reading some posts about their service.

I had asked about the delivery which I was told would be via their own delivery team not a courier which is OK as I probably would not have ordered it otherwise.