• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Shame u got to threaten to cancel b4 u get a deal

DADnLAD

Established Member
does anyone else agree that its a shame u got to either say you want to cancel your sky subscription or downgrade to the cheapest package before they will offer you any kind of discount or deal

i have had sky since 1989, nearly 20 years without a break in service and not once have i ever had a phone call saying since you are a valued customer we would like to offer you a discount, and no do i ever expect one,

i want sky, i like sky and sometimes i spend more time just flicking through the channels dodging the adverts when i realise ive missed the programme i wanted to watch in the 1st place, but that is sky, and i dont mind paying to an extent,

ive had sky hd in for over a year with a multi room, £67 a mth and i agree with others that £10 for hd mix is a rip off but worth it in a way especially all the new channels that are out,and a rip off when sky could just waive the charge but decide to squeeze every penny out of us, just like they did when sky + 1st came on the scene and the extra £2 form £45 to £47 for sky world,

last month a decided i wanted and extra multi room box for one of my kids who is into all this teen stuff on the kids and disney channels and was happy to pay the extra £10 for it,

they told me that the hd boxes at the time £150 were not available to existing customers and that id have to accept a sky + box, then they tried to charge me full price installation for something i could do myself i decided not to go through with it,

last week after seeing various posts on av forums and the new offer of a sky hd box for £75 including existing customersi thought id try my luck,

yes i could have a sky hd box for my multi room for £75,

yes i could have free installation,

yes it will cost me and extra £10 a mth for the box and

yes they will charge me another £10 a month for hd mix

taking the total to £87 mth for 2 hd boxes and sky+

my new sky hd box now becomes my main box with a 12mth subscription, and my old hd box which is out of contract turns into multi room

i thought right ill take there offer, get the box installed, let them take the £75 for the new hd box and then im gonna call up and threaten to cancel the 2 multi rooms or 1 multi room and 1 hd mix,

and if by magic after speaking to some guy with a dodgy accent, i come away with my main sky world package being reduced to £30 from £47 with free hd mix for 3 months and 1 multi room hd box with hd mix for £10 and one sky+ box for £10 for 6mths

overall total £60 mth for 2 hd boxes and 1 sky+ all channels

excluding satanta but thats a diff story

mkcurtis

Established Member
I think you have just answered your own statement. You are happy to pay the full price, for all those years that you have been a customer.

You (and me £60+ a month) keep them in their gold towers. They need to make money as they have shareholders so they wont give you anything just for being "loyal". If anything they keep putting their prices up. They will be happy to take money from us if we offer it to them.

I called to remove movies and they offered me a discount. The lady didnt even offer to listen to what I wanted to do, she just knocked me down to £30 for 3 months. They have more to lose if those who pay £60 leave, those who leave who pay £20ish they dont care about.

I took a stance because month after month I get a letter from someone saying that something has gone up, a few quid here and there all adds up.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom