Shall I do a review of the Gemini sub?

Kazman

Prominent Member
Reaction score
If there is enough interest in one, I'll give BK a call and see if they can deliver a review sample.

I'll try and do some frequency sweeps too, but I'm more concerned with how it sounds for a baby sub.

I know a lot of people are interested in this new little baby, so wouldn't mind doing a review for those that are interested, provided BK are ok with sending me a review sample.

It would be very useful for me, especially how it compares to REL Quake, MJ Ref 100 and possibly REL Stampede.

Yes! :thumbsup:

I would be more interested in a detailed report of how easy it is to set up and use the dual settings within different system in the same room (stereo & multichannel).

I'm reasonably confident that performance-wise it will perform at least as well as anything else in it's category and probably better. :)

Thanks guys.

Requests noted EJ2 :)

I want to do a comparison of it against its bigger brother as well, see how it holds up to it.

Does anyone have a Rel Quake they are willing to donate for this?

Any more requests for the review? Anything people want/need to know in particular?

eviljohn2 said:
I'm reasonably confident that performance-wise it will perform at least as well as anything else in it's category and probably better. :)

Isn't blind faith wonderful :rotfl:

I'm interested if there's a button which will turn the LED displays a different colour. :)

Too bad I had limited time with the Gemini. :(
I would have loved to try it out more thoroughly even if I don't have any other baby subs to compare it with.
It's a good way to extend the bass responce of small speakers.
The thought of having two of them hidden close to my speakers for music almost makes me drool.

eviljohn2 said:
I do have several BK products all of which perform exactly as I described. :)
I thought you only had 2. :)

bob1 said:
I thought you only had 2. :)

Can't 2 be classed as several? :D

No, that would be a couple :)

Right, just got confirmation that BK will be sending me a review sample in Cherry shortly.

eviljohn2 has volunteered his services as well, so should be able to get some decent techie results too :D

Will post back with pics and initial impressions once it arrives :).

I'm just waiting for the review to see if I order a BK Gemini or not...! :D

Any news? :D

I should get the gemini on Tuesday..... will arrange times and dates once it has arrived and post initial thoughts :)

The Gemini arrived at work today, will probably set it up tomorrow and have a play.

:thumbsup: :D :clap:

Hurry up, i'm ordering either a gemini or XLS200 on Friday :D

I can do the Gemini vs XLS200 review fairly soon, but I'm fairly certain the XLS200 will win that hands down.

The Gemini could surprise me, but as far as I know, the Gemini is more a rival for the Quake.

Whether or not the Gemini gets close enough to the XLS200 to make it look rather expensive in comparison is another story :) But the ickle BK XLS200 is so good that I think it will hold its head fairly high, and probably give an appreciative shake of the hands to its little brother.

What is the Frequency Response of the BK Gemini...?

:hiya: Kazman, I'm looking forward to your review of the Gemini.

I hope your conclusions will help me with my choice between the Gemini and the XLS200. I would like a modest addition to the lows of my front speakers wich according to specs go down to 55Hz. I'd like the lows to be a bit lower and more pronounced when listening to music. (jazz, electronic, drum&bass)

When it comes to watching movies, of course I would like to join in on all the mad fun you guys are having with LFE but I do have some neighbors to consider. As one poster put it, or my interpretation thereof: worrying about the neighbors' glasses rattling in the cabinet, their picture frames falling from the walls, etc. will spoil all the fun for me ;) But then again, there's weekends and daytime :devil:

Of course my budget is an issue otherwise i'd go for the XLS200 and turn it down a bit:)

Cheers.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom