• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Shadowy image on my screen: Cause?

dcoop

Established Member
Hi..i've got a Hitachi 26"(26LD6600C) TV in my bedroom.

Think i've had it around a year and a half maybe a bit less than that. It seems to have started getting image retention(is that right? image imprint stays after changing channel for a while but then eventually goes away?) quite a lot lately..dont really know how to avoid that happening as I do use it a lot, it acts as my PC monitor..use it when im playing on the Wii/Xbox..when watching TV/DVDs etc

Anyway..it seems to have this sort of shadow image at one side..but it doesnt seem to be in the same of anything that I can think has been on the screen...and I can see whatever is actually on the screen behind it, if you get what I mean. It doesnt fully block out the picture it just makes it look like there's a shadow over it..Its been there for a while now. What do you think the cause of that could be? Screen burn? Pixels dead?

Anything that might sort it out or am I stuck with it?

The latest video from AVForums

SVS Prime Wireless Pro Powered Speakers - Review Coming Soon
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom