1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Shadow ops review

Discussion in 'General Video Gaming Chat' started by -Jay-, Jun 16, 2004.

1. -Jay-

-Jay-
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +135
    Hi guys

I pre-ordered this game after playing the demo and thinking it should be good on live. well here is the Review does'nt sound too bloody good doe's it? :(
    Oh well i have it coming now so might as well give it a go. :D

2. UncagedTyphoon

UncagedTyphoon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    You never know could be like Sof2 Crap one player but right laugh on live
    have been looking forward to this for a while now

3. Malone

Malone

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +71
    I played the demo and couldn't really see what all the fuss was about seemed like a PS2 title the only redeeming factor was the rag doll thingies when the oppo die. Other than that I think its a 5 minute wonder, I for one am gonna stay well clear :p

4. captaineyecatch

captaineyecatch

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +21
    Just cancelled my preorder at Amazon after reading the reviews of the online game - only 8 players BUT it lags like a bitch with more than 6. Plus theres no lobby

5. o THE CHAD o

o THE CHAD o

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +83
    i fancied this as well.....looks like ill be getting snooker then.

6. -Jay-

-Jay-
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +135
    I'm getting world championship pool that has snooker on it aswell, should be ok on live. be good if you could have 2v2 on pool :D :thumbsup:

EDIT: WCP was meant to be out next friday but has been put back to 30/7/04 :(

7. colesy

colesy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +16
    Well I should have this through my letter box today. I will give it ago when I get home. I will let you know my 1st impressions later.

Even if it is duffer, then at least the case may look nice on my shelf. :D

8. colesy

colesy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +16
    Well my 1st impression of the live play was good although I only played capture the flag. There were 4 capture the flag maps.
    The speed of play is the same as SOF2. It actually got laggy with only 6 of us, so much so that it took 4 attempts to throw a grenade.
    There is a lobby, although it only appears if you join the game at the same time as everyone else, or the host has not started the game yet.
    You can join half way through a game, but you cannot see who is on which team until you join 1st, then you can switch teams whenever you like. You can also change class at any point. There are 4 different classes but no weapon selection. You get a main weapon whcih depeds on the class, a pistol and 4 grenades. Ammunition and health pickups are available.

Loading times are a pain, even longer than sof2, and when the game is over, you have to start a new game and reload it again. Everyone who was on with you are no longer unless they join you from the players list (which also seemed to clear down, but have to check on that) or join from the friends list.

The THX sound is good, and even had my neighbour thinking his house was being invaded.

So that was just a quick report.......will give more feedback when I have had more games. Think I will keep it if they sort out the lag issue.

9. -Jay-

-Jay-
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +135
    I have to say i agree with obi on what he has said, he was the host so did'nt get the lag i was having. it really started to **** me off i joined 2 games with 6 people in each after obi left both lagged :mad:

If they could sort the lag out it would be a good game, also the having rejoin after each game is a pain cos the load time is a joke.:mad:

Will i keep it? only if the lag is sorted & more of my pals get it.
    Back to EIF & RSC2 for now, only messing obi see you on there at the weekend. :thumbsup: