1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

shadow of the vampire

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by sparkrite, Jun 9, 2001.

1. sparkrite

sparkrite

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    read some good reviews of this.anybody seen it,opinions please

2. Brian H

Brian H

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I was also tempted by the reviews on this one - the oscar nods etc..so I ordered it & watched it last week - a very well made, well acted film with not a lot in it unfortunately the extras aren't all that extra..the sound is very good at times & the picture is flawless..it's just all so damned unsatisfying in the end..I would say that it is worth a rent, but if I had a do over I wouldn't have bought it & I normally love these kind of films too, oh well...cheers

3. Black 5

Black 5

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    sparkrite,

I also read the reviews and made the mistake of buying the disc. I wouldn't bother if I were you, but there's no accounting for taste :) If you're still that curious you can buy my copy, please email me.

4. PoochJD

PoochJD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,863
    Hi All,

Rented this film at the weekend.

All I can say is... very disappointing! Good idea, but badly made, and the ending is a complete bunch of arse!

Why they wanted to make actor Max Schreck seem like a total bloodthirsty psychopath, and Murnau as a freaky-hell-bent drug-addict, I don't know, but that ruined it for me.

Put simply, avoid this film. It's really worthless, as a full-price rental/purchase. Good make-up, but poor script and direction.

How great stars like Willem Dafoe and John Malkovich got dragged into this, I'll never know!

Pooch

5. European

European

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    "How great stars like Willem Dafoe and John Malkovich got dragged into this, I'll never know!"

...erm... they got paid lots of money, that's how!...

. . . ;) . . .