Shadow in the Cloud (Amazon) Movie Review & Comments

Casimir Harlow

Movies Editor
Reaction score
I remember seeing the trailer for this and wanting to check it out. I'll definitely give it a watch based on the review.

You had me at "utterly insane" :thumbsup:

You had me at “Nazi action-horror Overlord”…. :laugh::D

:thumbsup:

Love Overlord. Great fun. Will definitely give this one a go if they’ve both been mentioned in the same breath. Thanks!

Sorry, but NO WAY is this a 6/10 and in NO WAY should be even uttered in the same mould as Overlord. More like a 2/10 and I'm only giving it that for the creature VFX.

Thought it was incredibly bad that the actual intro cartoon tells you what the entity is the passengers are going to encounter, rather than try and bring this development in to the actual film

I appreciate this was a budget film, but holy hell, was hoping for a bit more of having to watch her being stuck in the gunner for 45 minutes talking to the other passengers, most of them getting wiped out within a few seconds of her actually encountering her on the plane. I think the male actors could have been anybodys from the street with no acting requirements for the amount of time any of them were actually on screen lol

Dont get me started on the ending, holy hell's again, she stands and fights the creature through unarmed combat whilst the three men and a baby watch her do so, arrrghhhh

Just how on earth did this get 2 more marks than Jungle Cruise? This was poor IMHO … more like a 4/10 for me.

I passed on watching this tonight.

But I liked overlord and overlord meets the shats twilight zone episode sounds worth a watch.
Ill watch this tomorrow night, thanks for the review of this Cas.

I was attracted to the WWII theme of this film curious to see how a lone American B17 bomber can be made into a durable 83 minute movie set, and as it turned out the expertise of NZ's Weta Workshop was the only highlight of this film worth watching, there was no real tangible story to get involved with just the unfulfilled prospect that if the viewer stayed with the meandering screenplay long enough it may eventually develop into one, instead as the film progressed some set piece action scenes could have had better value as sketch comedy material, which I suspect wasn't the intention of the director.
Shadow in the Sky contains plenty of unanswered plot hole questions if you are the logical type. Chloe Grace Moretz reminded me of a young Geena Davis in her role but I suspect Geena would have done a better job spicing up this film.
This is a choice movie for Amazon Prime it will fit in nicely with their plentiful supply of B Grade sci-fi / horror. My rating is mostly for creature; 5 out of 10.

Last edited:
Sorry, but NO WAY is this a 6/10 and in NO WAY should be even uttered in the same mould as Overlord. More like a 2/10 and I'm only giving it that for the creature VFX.

Thought it was incredibly bad that the actual intro cartoon tells you what the entity is the passengers are going to encounter, rather than try and bring this development in to the actual film

I appreciate this was a budget film, but holy hell, was hoping for a bit more of having to watch her being stuck in the gunner for 45 minutes talking to the other passengers, most of them getting wiped out within a few seconds of her actually encountering her on the plane. I think the male actors could have been anybodys from the street with no acting requirements for the amount of time any of them were actually on screen lol

Dont get me started on the ending, holy hell's again, she stands and fights the creature through unarmed combat whilst the three men and a baby watch her do so, arrrghhhh
The trailer for this film basically gives most of the plot away, it also showed most of the better action highlights too, which is typical for budget cinema productions.

Watched this last night, I can only think that Cas must have watched this through a rose tinted bottle of wine, fell asleep halfway through and dreamt up a much better version for the remaining half. 🤣

Loved Overlord, this was tripe.

Oh dear! This was such a let down. What a load of old bollocks 💩:facepalm:

Overlord was a masterpiece compared to this…🤣

Last edited:
I liked it, it was fun, and any film with Chloë Grace Moretz in it is automatically worth watching in my book.

soon as i saw the explosion trampoline bit in the trailer i knew this film wasn't for me. Overlord was cac, but looked a materpiece compared to that. CGM is a honey though, so that would get at least one point. make up your own "i'd give her one" jokes.

I'm a little confused (easily done) by the 'now cancelled Max Landis' line. How does a person get cancelled? Was he fired from the set? He was the writer, wasn't he?

clambering around and dangling outside a plane ...in flight...doing probably 150-200mph no....thats it for me at this point....utter bilge...

Yeah, it's terrible when documentaries get things so wrong.

Best thing about this was the music at the end. Totally one not to watch again don’t know what film you was watching.

Best thing about this was the music at the end. T
That was one of THE most random song inclusions I can remember, although maybe it worked given how bonkers everything gets!

I enjoyed this for what it was, glad I read the review and didnt miss out on it.
For some escapism on a saturday night it worked for me.

when Chloë Grace Moretz opens the box after plane crash and the baby was ok, it reminded me of some of the mandalorian episodes

I wonder what Dick Miller would have made of this...

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom